Thursday, April 26, 2007

SPOON Your Way to HEALTH


Hello FRIENDS. I'm your Vitameatavegamin GIRL.
Are you TIRED, RUNDOWN, LISTLESS?
Do you poop out at PARTIES?
Are you UNPOPULAR? The answer to all your PROBLEMS are in this LITTLE BOTTLE:
VITAMEATAVEGAMIN.

Vitameatavegamin contains VITAMINS, MEAT, VEGTABLES, and MINERALS.
Yes with vitameatavegamin, you can SPOON your way to HEALTH!
All you do is take a 1 SPOONFUL after every meal
It's so TASTY too!
It's just like CANDY!!
so why don't you join the thousands of happy, PEPPY people and get a great big bottle of Vitameatavegamin TOMMOROW.
Lucy left us on the morning of April 26, 1989. Just 18 years ago. Seems much longer. She'd been in the hospital for a few days, before her death. On that morning, I was a freshman at the university. I was awakened by NPR playing the "I Love Lucy" themesong, and jolted up, instantly saddened, with the realization that that would be a dark day, with Lucy's humor now gone.

The Vitameatavegamin skit makes me laugh out loud every time I'm lucky enough to see it, on TV Land. And no matter what else I may be doing, when I recognize this episode coming on, Lucy takes precedence, for at least the next 30 minutes.

3 comments:

Atlanta Fan-tastic said...

you are right, it does feel like she died a longer time ago. I see that you use a colored font, the same as her hair. I love Lucy too.

Abouna said...

Those years of I Love Lucy, Father Knows Best, etc, were great years when people weren't vulgar or rude. I miss here show and her brand of humor.

The Localmalcontent said...

Both of you, Atlanta Fan and Abouna, must not realize the Need, the absolute need, in comedy today for vulgar and abusive language, and sterotype promotion.
Get with the times!