Saturday, June 16, 2007

"The Carpenter's" Pronoun Problem--Cha-cha-cha




Recently heard that the Hillary Clinton presidental campaign is looking for a good theme song for her campaign and her Presidency.

I've been holding this one back for over 12 years, just waiting, waiting for the proper moment to unleash it upon the world.


Here Ya Go, Hillary.
Your campaign themesong,
courtesy of me, The Localmalcontent, the Carpenters, and everyone else here in the Twilight Zone, the only place where you are capable of governing:


((Pronouns reversed to apply to candidate Hillary))




CLOSE TO ME




Why do birds Suddenly appear?
Everytime I am near?
Just like you
They long to be
Close to me
Why do stars Fall down from the sky?
Everytime I walk by?
Just like you
They long to be
Close to me (*)


On the day that I was born
The angels got together
and decided To create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moondust in my hair Of gold
and starlight in my eyes of blue...


That is why all the girls in town
Follow me, all around
Just like you
They long to be
Close to me

Repeat (*)

Repeat (**)
Just like you
They long to be
Close to me
Woo... Close to me



(*) The Localmalcontent accepts sole responsible for ruining this pop song 4-ever for you.

No comments: