Sunday, June 17, 2007

"We'll Always Have Cincinnati"

Heavens, two posts in a row with only songs' lyrics! And I don't usually listen to lyrics of music, preferring instead 'wordless' music. I'm not in the mood to hear how a singer feels by the spoken lyric; I'm plenty capable of adding my own emotions to what I listen to.

But I had a most wonderful dream last night, one of those that when you awaken from it, you are immediately saddened to lose it. At least I was sad, that I'd awoke. In fact, I lay there in bed for about 20 minutes trying hard to recollect more than just the scant, all-too-brief memories of it. But I pray that somehow someway, of all the dreams I could ever dream, that this one would come true.

In my dream, for the first time in so long either during waking or sleep, I felt loved. And wanted.

Marble Halls
============
by Enya

I dreamt I dwelt in marble halls

with vassels and serfs at my side,

and of all who assembled within those walls

that I was the hope and the pride.

I had riches all too great to count

and a high ancestral name.
But I also dreamt which pleased me most

that you loved me still the same,

that you loved me

you loved me still the same,

that you loved me

you loved me still the same.
***
I dreamt that suitors sought my hand,

that knights upon bended knee

and with vows no maidens heart could withstand,

they pledged their faith to me.

And I dreamt that one of that noble host

came forth my hand to claim.

But I also dreamt which charmed me most

that you loved me still the same

that you loved me

you loved me still the same,

that you loved me

you loved me still the same.
***
Yeah, the genders all wrong, but this song is what I dreamed, sound and all.

5 comments:

ClevelandDV said...

I can't tell if you are serious or not, Malcontent. Is this a real dream you had, and if so, what does Cincinnati have to do with it?

You pushing out a dream/opinoiin post here? Or what?

Is this a real dream you had?

Abouna said...

Dreams, visions, or pure fantasy, they are yours, so treasure them.

The Localmalcontent said...

I am very serious, Cleve.; it was an extraordinary dream I had, in which I said the only words remembered from that dream; "We'll always have Cincinnati".

sorry, the circumstances are private.

Indeed, Abouna, this one has me measured! I'll never be the same, and I am so thankful for the dream!

The Localmalcontent said...

I awoke from this dream, after only 2.5 hours of sleep, at 4:45 am. This dream was just intimate, but with love, yearning, and hugs, the most extraordinary hugs!
I got up and posted that around 6:20 am or so, and I've not let go of it all this day long.

I'll be so lucky to someday know the kind of love I felt last nite.

The Localmalcontent said...

At 5:46 AM, to be exact~!