Thursday, August 30, 2007

ooh yeah, Or some bacon and eggs, or Catfish! Noo, 3 BBQd chops

I'm not feeling one iota better... Crappy, crabby; "short-tempered" is a wild exaggeration of the length of my fuse. Irritable, with an evil look in my eye now since last Friday. I would just as soon kill ya as listen to ya talk....



BE-cause, I am on a doctor-enforced diet, OK? I have ballooned up this summer to 244 lbs, in a season during which I usually drop pounds by the dozens.


There is no way in heaven or hell to make coming home at end of day to a bowl of rice, celery sticks and water sound inviting. Thus, I am Quite Malcontent. Malevolent
Who Asked You anyway!!??


Night before last, I dreamed that I was diving, swimming in a giant bowl of chili beans and cornbread. Yesterday, my dog, Amos, snarled at me when I bent down JUST to sniff his food....
Thank the Lord, I can still eat Okra; only it has to be pickled.
NO Problemo-- bring me out a bushel!


It is the weekend of the Choctaw Nation Festival, through Monday the 3rd. I am going mad, insane, fantasizin' about sampling all the frybread, all the pies I can smell in the air around Tushka Homma. And me with about 25 pounds of sirloins and T-bones in the freezer, too.


But all of this food is OFF limits to me right now. It's Poison. I have to shed about 50 pounds.

Walking the 26 miles to work, then back again is a plan I am contemplating;
That, and eating your arms with some soy sauce. And butter. With a side of potatoes.


2 comments:

Borrego said...

Keep going with those pounds.

The Localmalcontent said...

Thanks, Borrego! It won't be easy and tonight proves it. But may just become easier than today's struggle for me.