Saturday, November 3, 2007

Writers' Cramp

Hollywood writers call Monday strike

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The union representing U.S. screenwriters called for a strike against film and TV studios starting on Monday in a move giving negotiators one last weekend to reach a contract deal or shatter 20 years of Hollywood labor peace.

The strike deadline was issued on Friday, a day after a three-year contract covering the 12,000-member Writers Guild of America expired. It follows months of talks that became deadlocked over the union's demands for blah blah blah, blah-blahblahblah, blah said in a blah blah blah.

"Do not quote me on that, Dude!"

Peace In Our Time, sang the conservatives in the hinderland!

Meanwhile, editors of TV Guide were scrambling to edit new additions into the magazines' weekly TV line-ups:

On Tuesday, the 6th of November, at 7:00-8:00 pm:
ABC: "Charlies' Angels"
NBC: "Rowan and Martin's Laugh In"
CBS: "Here's Lucy!", "Here's Lucy again!"
FOX: highlights, Games 1-6, 2003 World Series

and from 8:00-9:00 pm:
ABC: "Barbara Walters Interviews: Buster Crabb
NBC: "Star Trek"
CBS: " The Red Skelton Show", "All In the Family"
FOX: "Highlights, Games 1-7, 2000 World Series,

and from 9:00-10:00 pm:
ABC: "Fantasy Island"
NBC: "I Dream of Jeannie", "The Red Buttons Show"
CBS: " Petticoat Junction", "Green Acres"
FOX: "highlights, Games 1-4, 1927 World Series"

Wednesday, the 7th of November, from 7:00-8:00:
ABC: "Barney Miller", "Barney Miller"
NBC: "Worst of SNL-1981-83", "Sanford and Son"
CBS: "Trot Out Ethel!", "Here's Ethel!"
FOX: "Married.. With Children", "Married.. With Children"

"and so it goes, and so it goes..." thank you Blues Traveler.

Again, FOX is 'Safe, At Home!, Married with... Children'.
Heck, yeah, I'm tuning In!

5 comments:

Red S Tater said...

I LOVE all of those shows.... I say keep striking. Considering most new shows are remakes of old shows or concepts, why not just go with the original... how about Gilligan's Island, Dick Van Dyke, THE MATCH GAME...Captain Kangaroo, Bullwinkle and if you're from OKC (and old like me)... Foreman Scotty and the Circle 4 Ranch with Xavier T. willard (Danny Williams).

ahhh good times and great tv.

Red S Tater said...

BTW- I noticed your NEW DUNCAN HUNTER-08 link!

Welcome aboard the Hunter Safari my friend... let's secure Oklahoma for Duncan "the real deal" Hunter, one post at a time!

also- Did you see the video over at my place on the fair tax?
-red

The Localmalcontent said...

I found it difficult to remember many tv programs from before 20 years ago. And obviously, Married.. With Children isn't that old; I am not much of a TV watcher, only the news on FNC, via Internet really, Spike TV the same way. I choose not to have a satellite dish, so I get only a fuzzy OETA or Ch. 40 from Ft. Smith.
Hunter IS the man! You're right, Red, and he can count on a donation from me and some supportive posties here.

Red S Tater said...

I find it difficult to remember those shows too... i blame it on the 60's and early 70's...lol that's prob'ly why i like 'em now... it SEEMS familiar... one of my favorites was Floyd the barber in the Andy Griffith show.

Currently my favorite show (aside from NHRA drag racing) is "THE UNIT" CBS Tuesday nights.
thoseguysarebadass. I've got the DVD's so let 'em strike.

Like I said, you are a great addition to the "real deal mobile" and having you on the team makes me even more confident that we can turn Oklahoma on to Duncan Hunter.

-red

Red S Tater said...

Boy, ...on strike or not, writers couldn't have written a better script for the NHRA's final event and countdown to the championship.

Edge of your seat excitement in all 4 professional classes during the 3-1/2 hours of coverage today on ESPN2 with all 4 category champions not being decided until the 23rd and final race of the year and 3 of those classes not decided until the final round of the event.

(only the quickest 16 cars per class qualify for each event... and in standard tournament ladder format... 4 rounds of competition determines the winner...simple and fair and gut wrenching)

"good stuff"
full story over at my place...
-red