I'm a sucker for Christmas traditions. Like waiting until Christmas Eve to do most of my shopping; that tradition is very popular, it seems. Thanks to the calendar this year, I had today, a Saturday to go and get it all knocked out.
But what to my wondering eyes should appear, when I got back home today? Why, my friend Hatless In Hattiesburg had dropped by to share another Christmas tradition. I like this one! *Tagging* blogs. Oh, this tradition will be Big!
1. Wrapping or gift bags?
Both really. Depends on if I'm gifting on the run or not. Gift bags are gaining on wrapping here.
2. Real or artificial tree?
Real. I put lights on a cedar tree growing in my side yard, facing the highway, as well as a smaller one in the house.
3. When do you put up the tree?
In years past, early, near the beginning of the month. It's whenever the Christmas mood fully sinks in.
4. When do you take the tree down?
I observe Epiphany, so the little tree inside is down and warming me in a different way, by January 6. Heh.
5. Do you like eggnog?
You bet! So much so I think evil deeds when the stores, Braums cease selling it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Books. Any book or magazine subscription in wrapping paper went to the front of the line.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
No, not a large one, I don't. Does a little one, perfect for sitting in the window sill count?
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Electric razor, from my aunt, when I was 16. I have disposable blades still in usage since '95.
9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
Both, considering the options; I don't know where half of you live...
10. Favorite Christmas movie?
Remember that scene in "PeeWee's Big Adventure", where PeeWee rides through the Christmas movie set, chased by the goon who stole his bicycle? Not that one. Really, I'm a softie there: "It's a Wonderful Life".
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
This question makes me suspicious... why? About a week or two before the big day.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Pumpkin or banana breads.
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Clear inside, colored outside.
14. Favorite Christmas song?
"Silent Night" by Mannheim Steamroller. "Oh Little Town of Bethleham" is a close second.
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Homebody, here. But an afternoon ride over to Mena, Arkansas, to visit my uncle.
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Nixon, Comet, Stupid, Cancer and uh, uuuhh, Bashful I think. Rudolph.
17. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel, until my dog Amos notices it, then bandaged angel.
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
Well, how is that possible? Santa only comes after you go to sleep! Christmas morning.
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Christmas commercials. Theyre as numerous as political ads in Iowa...
20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color?
Yeah, gold, red, and green Christmas balls, garland.
21. What do you leave for Santa?
Directions to your house-- it's been so long since he was there, he can't remember.
22. Least favorite holiday song?"
"Grandma got Run over by a Reindeeer"! It must be like a red-neck anthem, round here, as often as it's played.
23. Favorite ornament?
This will sound silly. But my favorite is a snow-skiing Daffy Duck ornament. Yes, he's panicing.--
---Paying it forward, I tag:
1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3. Tag random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Crappola. I did not see this rule, until now, 2 hours later... All Links Are In the Margin, here: >>>>>>
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.