Thursday, January 17, 2008

"The Devil Made Me Do It"

Thanks Alot, Flip Wilson


This funny, late comedian used to dress up in drag, as a woman of questionable yet always comedic repute, named "Geraldine", whose line "The devil made me do it" became a national expression.

I wondered way-back in the 1990s, if Flip ever imagined that his famous punchline, expressed by "her", would become a legitimate defense in court trials?

Sincerely. For if a defendant's coming to Christ,
his televised, pre-trial confession, or his or her Christian Baptism while within the prison walls, is constituted as an reason to pardon or give early parole, as is the case often, how far away can the court trial defense of "the devil made me do it" be?

Or, the whining plea of American Muslim defendant John Lindh, his parents' pathetic blame is "the devil made him do it". In Lindh's case, the devil is named Osama. And the subsequent jury-deigned verdict of 'not guilty'.

There is a larger, far more insidious effect of this comedic blame, not necessarily seen in a courtroom, or within the prison system.
But instead in every way of life, from the teenager's first backseat bust to the

But the expectation is still the same-- "I am not at fault, or I am sooooo mistaken, because it is the Devil's Bad, Not Mine"; that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Prove me wrong...

Blame someone else but me-!-..., the first excuse of convicted Muslim-Extremists, some Evangelists, and all dumbass-criminals and Democrats.

1 comment:

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

while that is a lame excuse and shouldn't be any kind of legal defense, at least it's more truthful than some of those women who claimed that god told them to kill their kids.