Monday, January 28, 2008

I GOT THE NEWS!




Yaa, baby, I got the news today!! Both over the telephone and by an email!

Your Local Malcontent is once again, employed!!
A certain state agency, which ON THIS BLOG will remain nameless and unmentioned,
BUT-- it is the one I wanted, the one I know the most about.

Thank You, Lord, thank You, Lord.


So. I've just come from the mall in McAlester where I got over a foot of hair cut off my head. No one demanded that I cut my hair, but I think they would've; others whom I've seen in this job had short hair.
(Trouble is though, I didn't start out to McAlester thinking it was as cold as it is... my truck's heater never got warm enough.)

I start on February 11th, with a 14-hour course indoctrination in Oklahoma City over two days. Then I'm onstage beginning Thursday, Feb. 14, from DURANT to Sallisaw to Okmulgee.

!!
I know, I laughed about it all the way home!

2 comments:

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

congratulations!

i followed that clip's link to youtube - are all those drum vids you? if so, wow.

The Localmalcontent said...

NO no no! If I had only 1/4 that talent, I wouldnt have to be a state employee, Hatless!

Thank you, for your friendship, prayers... for everything!