Thursday, January 10, 2008

Just Another Cold-assed Day in Oklahoma

On January 11th, I am asking everyone who reads this tiny bloggie to wear an ORANGE piece of clothing.
I have not trailed off to the Dark side, no. I am not now, nor will I ever endorse anything that the American Civil Liberties Union, ACLU, or the Democratic Party recommends (although they too, are urging Orange clothes be worn today)!

Nope. Nope. Nope.
Nothing as undignified, as sublime, or as irresponsible, as doing anything the A.C.L.U.,
or the DhimmiCrats urge or demand.

Only because Orange is my favorite color. 'Favourite Colour', for you Anglophiles and Canucks.... 'Ouragne'... LOL

Orange is my favorite color, and
January 11 is my birthday.
The big 3-9.
My Tribe, the Firsts.
The title of my first published book, "First".
The first big 1-1-1.
Not to be confused with November 1st, the second and lesser 1-1-1.

As a tribute to the Local Malcontent, President Bush opened up the Guantanamo Bay Detention Center, Library and Tropical Resort for Sufferers of Jihad Syndrome, down in Cuba, six years ago. Thank you, George Bush, for your thoughtful, relevant present to me.
For my 40th birthday in 2009, could I request a long double fence be built?
HINT, HOPE. HINT, HOPE. HINT...

Paint it Orange, if you like! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!
Paint it Blue and I wouldn't mind, either-- just build that border fence, OK? Either way, I will be happy to personally paint the fence, at only $16.77/ hour, my former wage...

Anyway, I'd really be honored tomorrow if all ya'll, from North Texas to Calgary, Alberta... from the great shores of Lake Ontario to Little Axe to Los Angeles, and everywhere else, wore something orange-colored.

(If anyone asks, say it is to honor the Texas Longhorns, the Denver Broncos, the New York Mets, the ACLU, or even Daffy Duck's feet-
I will know better.)

12 comments:

Kamangir said...

Just wanted to say hi and happy birthday! :)

Abouna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my Choctaw Brother and friend.

I'm sorry, I don't have anything orange, so how about I wear something red and something yellow? Red and yellow makes orange.

The Localmalcontent said...

Thank you, Abouna, so very much!

In light of our recent disagreement, but more so, it's RECONCILIATION between us, I thank you, sir, Father.

There has never been a day when I could do without you, your blog, your thoughts and words.
But more than you Abouna, it was Munchkin, LOLOLOOLOLLLLOOOOL!

The Localmalcontent said...

Thank you, Kamangir, Archer!

Your wishes mean so very much to me today. While I don't emphasize my wishes for peace between the United States and Iran daily, I always do in my heart, FOR the real citizens of Iran.

Your website is by far the best for Anglos to read and to learn from, sir; and it has been my extreme privilege to become your friend, YOUR FRIEND, this last year. whatever I can do, just ask.

The Localmalcontent said...

Abouna, it's OK, why not wear something Black and White, instead?

Yeah, red and yellow would be just as good, please do!!

Mahmoud said...

To my esteemed friend, the Local Malcontent: I wish you a very prosperous birthday today
‪جمعه، ۲۱ دی ۱۳۸۶.
May your day be filled with much gladness and food.
I can not call you on the telephone today, Local, as I am busy with judging a beauty contest amongst local camels in Guber.
But I wanted to add my sincerest best Islamic wishes to you today, and for all of 1387.
Talk with you soon alright?
رئيس‌جمهور با بيان اينكه نگا

The Localmalcontent said...

Thank You very much, Abouna,
for the E-Birthday Card.

HoHoHo, haha!, I love it!

Thank you again, Father! for Everything!

CGHill said...

And remember, thirty-nine comes but once - unless of course you're Jack Benny, who managed to sustain 39 well past 39 x 2.

On that orange business: think about Ronald Reagan, who, according to one wag, had gone "prematurely orange" back in the 80s.

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

hrmmmrmrmmmm, maroon or black would be easy, but this tamu grad doesn't even own any orange. i will find something orange to clip on or wear somehow.

...and i'll also put something orange into every graphic i make today, how about that?

happy birthday, and as many more as you want!

p.s. i heard that mahmoud was going to party like it's 1399 tonight! :D

The Localmalcontent said...

Thank you Charles for the humor, and the best wishes! Haha, I'd forgotten about Jack Benny being 'prematurly' wrinkled at 39.

Imagining President Reagan with orange hair is disturbing... would've surely been for that Democratic House of Representatives, too eh?
Either that or the phrase 'President Bozo' would have cropped up in the lexicon.

The Localmalcontent said...

Thank you Hatless! Ya know, I consider the fact that you are blogging alot more now as a present you give to us all.
Your "Where I'm From" post this week, I still think about fondly.

Now that I know you are a TAMU grad, I'm hoping you have a Bevo taco recipe you can share...
I trust you have seen the ESPN promo with the Aggie fan, "taco meat"? Search "ESPN taco meat" on youTube, man; it is a HOOT!

The Localmalcontent said...

Thanks Mahmoud for your time. Watch out for all those fleas! I am glad you are gainfully occupied.