Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Can't Sleep- Decided to Tour the World

Ah, it's almost time to get back onto the Liberal Watch bandwagon.
But not just yet. One more gentle observation post please.




At the top of my bloggie here, there's a "Next Blog" button. Hadn't really ever paid attention to it before (and when I did, I was swept off to a blog I wouldn't visit if you paid me to), but tonight, that little button has taken me on a very nice worldwide tour of blogs, from an Argentine teen standing on his head to a Utah family seeking joy as a goal in their bucket list, to the sweet memories of Jenn's father-in-law at another. In the meantime, I've seen views of Malaysia, Vancouver, Uganda and Rome.


Some of these blogs are obviously personal; some are remarkably thoughtful and genuine. I've found more conservative blogs from all over the world than expected.


I stopped at a blog written in Persian or Farsi which had a pic of a jihadi man with two machine guns in his hands, and anger in his visage.


And like an old friend, very oddly I ran into Megan twice in passing her blog from Oz!! That's a beautiful beach you're at! What are the odds of that?! Or is that 'kismet'?


I saw other amazing images, including this one of a two-legged dog, walking upright, from India.

And here's Fabio and Noah, who live in Madrid.





I concluded my world tour of random blogs, right back in Argentina, with Rosa here.



I learned while traveling that for the most part, we are a happy planet it seems. Our personal lives are like all others- sometimes we stand on our heads, we sometimes need to walk upright boldly, to do what is needed to get by,

but overall, I think we are a happy planet.
That's a lot to ask from one little button.

13 comments:

crazy4danes said...

I'm glad you stopped by my blog :) I didn't know you could cruise through the blogs like that either...I think I'll take a trip of my own today! Thanks again and have a great day! :D

Jungle Mom said...

What a cool post!
We do run into happy bloggers mostly...or maybe blogging makes you happy????

The Localmalcontent said...

Thank you both, ladies!

Crazy4danes, I really hope that you achieve all that's on your bucket list, and then some; take care of that cute Bryan~! What is he, 4 or 5 years old?

CandyApple said...

Thanks for stoping by my blog we rarely get comment nd yours had made my day thank you pls come back and visit..

The Localmalcontent said...

CandyApple, thank you for the invite! Count on it!

Take good care.

zeelah said...

Thanks for stoping by my blog.. I didn't expect that anyone would have taken my pic. hehe Anyway you have a nice blog too.. :)

zeelah said...

Thanks for stoping by my blog..I didn't expect anyone to take my photo..hehe anyway you have a nice blog too.. :)

zeelah said...

Thanks for stoping by my blog.. I didn't expect someone would take my photo..hehe anyway, you have a nice blog too.. :)

The Localmalcontent said...

Thank you Zeelah!! I apologize for taking your photo, without first asking; but to be honest and clear to my other readers of the LMC, one of the blog stops on my world tour was Zeelahs, in Bandar Seri, Brunei Daressalam.
I could not read the language that she wrote in, but I had a positive feeling about her blog, mostly because of Zeelah's happy face and enigmatic smile. (That's Zeelah, at the top of my post, softly smiling)

While I did comment at her blog in English, I wondered if she would be able to read it. I, we have the answer now!!

And like I said, most people around the world are pleasantly happy... And Zeelah's proof .

Luquii said...

I just realized you posted my pic ^^

As you can see, I'm just starting with this of the blogs, I will try to post more often :)

Thanks for visiting me ^^

The Localmalcontent said...

Luquii is the young man standing on his head.

No, THANK YOU Luquii, for visiting my blog today, and also, thank you for sharing your life and good times, your wise words with everyone.

zeelah said...

hello again, yes..but i don't post in English because I'm not fluent writting in English..it is because english is only our second language and most of us prefer to write in our own language.. Anyway, keep in touch and happy blogging to you.. :)

Choosy Mothers Choose Jeff said...

Nice!
Look at all the fabulous friends one can make via this web of world wideness.