Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Evil, Heartless Americans

Many people read or saw the heart wrenching video story about the Indonesian Tree man, Dede Koswara.

Huge, overgrown warts appeared on Koswara's body after he cut his leg at the age of 15, and due to a immune system deficiency, allowing the Human Papilloma Virus to run rampant.

Well there is great, terrific news: From Fox News: After two surgeries, in which doctors removed over four pounds of warts, Mr. Koswara can hold an ink pen and see his toes again. Koswara said he hopes to live a "normal life" after those surgeries."What I really want first is to get better and find a job," Koswara said. "But then, one day, who knows? I might meet a girl and get married."

Who is responsible for the care of this man? Who showed so much compassion for the suffering of another human being? Some two-bit country with Universal Health Care like Cuba maybe?

Bitter and universally despised Americans. Namely, dermatologist Anthony Gaspari of the University of Maryland.

Honestly, it takes both courage and compassion to view the video here, of Dede. But let it remind you that America is still the greatest and kindest nation on the face of the Earth, also.



Incredibile, l'uomo albero
Uploaded by Uomo_Invisibile

At the London Telegraph, more post-surgical photos like this one:



I had saved the video above, for six months or so, praying and believing that he could be helped and someday healed. Updates as they come, right here.

3 comments:

BPD in OKC said...

I saw the video of the tree man on tv a while back. It really disturbed me to see what condition the man was in, but at the same time my heart went out to him. I can't imagine anything like that ever happening to anyone I know. I am glad he's getting help.

The Localmalcontent said...

Indeed! It IS good news!

Jungle Mom said...

I saw this on TV as well. I am so glad he was helped ! America is the most genorous caring nation... and thats the truth!