Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Cyndy!


Yours is a life to be celebrated by all who are lucky enough to know you. HAPPY EVERYDAY!
and thank you for bridging any/all space/time with your friendship.

--Your words, Ms. Weaver, to me once;
now they are for you.
Happy Birthday, April 16, 2008!!

(again from you, same birthday card):
A bishop dis'guys'ed as a board queen rooked me one knight when I wasn't loo-King, and forced me to pawn everything in my castle chess to pay the rent. To me, all the peaces move at once. Rules/structure replaced by Termhoyle.


You changed my life for the much/better, long ago Cyndy. How I wish I could have talked with you again today, as we did last year.
Without question, you are the kindest, gentlest person I will ever know. I will never know what I ever did to be so fortunate to know you, and be your friend once/still.
Every word you spoke was laden with levels of meanings, deliberately, and I tried to keep up.
Especially, thank you for "The Hobbit" and sending me headlong on this wonderous trek called life, never seriously enough to be really concerned.
And thank you for proving to me, so conclusively-
that 9 = 10.
I have never looked back.

1 comment:

Brother John said...

Very nice tribute! Even though you are "Local Malcontent", I'm picking up a very special vibe with you. Think I'll be returning often.

Brother John
Lansdowne, Pennsylvania USA