Friday, April 4, 2008

Just a Quickie

Lightning round blogposting at it's best.

Is this how Democrats intend to run America, under a President Barry Huss Obama, or President Shrillary Clinton?

America is better than this: Having to live with a potential president who will travel the world, apologizing for America's "numerous and profound wrongs", while not owning up to any of theirs. Like Tuzla. Or like quitting smoking.
Or bigger fish stories they've told to become popular. To become popular with a bloc of voters who themselves are, well, conversant...

There is a left leaning blogger here in Oklahoma who tries to stop the namecalling among the candidates. He parrots Senator Obama's requests to drop the "Liberal" and "Conservative" labels.
(Identifiers can be so identifying, after all)

My left leaning blogging friend however, uses such a label even in his blog's name.
And most sadly of all, this friend (hope he stays thataway), condemns radio commentators Laura Ingraham and Rush Limbaugh among others, for their conservative and truth-revealing talk shows, while citing that he believes in the political views of radio funnyman, Phil Hendrie, instead.

Phil Hendrie is the talented, hilarious and completely fictional "interviewer" of people who've somehow been abused by the system. And Mr. Hendrie is the voice of all the participants, himself.
The spoof is getting unknowing callers to his show to voice their outraged rants to his radio make-believe.
He's really funny, and believable in part; unless you know the truth.
Ah, that unpleasant Truth business, again.



*****Enough the Serious Stuff*****
*****Going to Pow-wow*****

"NDN CARS" by Keith Secola

I've been driving in my Indian Car,
To the pound of the wheels, the drumming in my brain,
My dashboard is dusty, my plates are expired,
Please Mr. Officer, let me explain,
I've got to make it to Pow-Wow tonight,
I'll be sober 49, down by the river side,
Looking for a sugar, riding in my Indian Car,
Got my T-Bird in the glove-box,
I ain't got no spare,
Got a feather from an eagle, I ain't got no cares,
The road is empty, As my bottle of desire,
Daylight is breaking, The sun touches fire,
I've got to make it to Pow-Wow tonight,
I'll be sober 49, down by the river side,
Looking for a sugar, riding in my Indian Car!

**
My car is dented,
The radiator steams,
One headlight don't work,
But the radio screams,
I got a sticker, It say's "Indian Power",
I stuck it on my bumper,
That's what holds my car together,
We're on the circuit of an Indian dream,
We don't get old, We just get younger,
When we're flying down the highway,
Riding in our Indian Cars,
We're on the circuit of an Indian dream,
We don't get old, We just get younger,
When we're flying down the highway,
Riding in our Indian Cars,
Riding in our Indian Cars,
Riding in our Indian Cars.

~I have to leave now, go kick out a headlight on the truck, put the mattress in the bed, gather up some chow, load up Amos and pick up my guest~
Who said anything about Reagan??!

No comments: