Sunday, April 6, 2008

Planting Seeds

Last year about this time, I wrote about putting out the garden thusly:

"There's something both sacred and humbling about planting a garden. I get this genuine feeling that I am closer to God than any other time, when I till and then plant seeds: Being in closer contact with the Almighty."

With help from who is quickly becoming my girlfriend, my garden was planted this afternoon. And now, I know an even greater feeling where gardening is concerned. And let me tell ya, Leti can handle a hoe!

Did we plant more seed than we think, there in the yard today? More than just seed? I don't know but this is the greatest I've felt in ages. Talk about 'something sacred'.

I showed Leti this blog as well, letting her read her way as she wanted. "Wow, there's some fire in you," she said.
Or maybe she said I was on fire. My ears were burning up, I can tell you that-

"You told people my name!" she exclaimed reading the powwow post.

"I'll fix that, if you want me to."

"No, just tell people your name too"

Hello, people, my name is Ron. Call me 'Mal' though.
After driving her home, I thought that no one would ever get me to say my name on the Local Malcontent bloggie. But if Leti wants it, thinks it's OK....

For the life of me, I don't think I am capable of posting something malcontent right now, about Muslims, or Hillary or immigration. I don't seem to be able to gin up that mood.

No, she did not notice or visit Krazy Town, yet, thankfully.

7 comments:

Jungle Mom said...

Hmmmm....there's something there that wasn't there before!

Abouna said...

Sounds like LOVE to me! Good Luck my Choctaw "son"

One Southern Belle said...

Hey, fun that y'all started your garden! We finally got ours started this weekend too! We planted over 100 sunflowers of all sizes--I'll send pictures as soon as they're big and pretty.

Keep me posted on all that's blooming in Oklahoma! Good luck!

The Localmalcontent said...

And how!

Prudie said...

Aw. Ya'll are sweet.

Unfortunately, Georgia has unseasonably cold weather right now. SO that's put off my gardening for at least a week.

Guy S said...

It would seem music is not the only thing out there which can sooth the savage breast. Wither it lasts for just a short time, or ends up with you two binding together becoming a sum greater then the total of each, I hope it grows and blossoms, much like your shared garden.

Ye ol Retired Sailor,

GuyS

The Localmalcontent said...

You, Prudie and Guy, are both kind, and uh, kind.
I like this feeling, never before felt this way;

I could use a lesson or two from you both, esp. the Guy who loves she with the 'frypan of doom', for
pointers, rocks, bouys ahead;
But Thank you.