Thursday, April 17, 2008

PROFILE OF
THE LOCAL MALCONTENT

Some recent questions about the Local Malcontent and my 3 blog sites have prompted this bit of housekeeping (ala 'Krazy Talk From Krazy Town').

I am a proud, full-blood Choctaw Indian, American citizen.
During my adult life, have only worked for governmental entities:
The Bureau of Indian Affairs, 7 years;
The Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma, 7 years;
and now the State of Oklahoma, since February, 08.

Happily married to an extraordinary Choctaw woman, Leticia Marie, since December, 2008. In the summer of 2011, Leti and I adopted a son. We lost our boy in March, 2014.

In late August, 2015, we got unexpected, extraordinary news:
We're pregnant.
Our Daughter, Kelsey Marie was born on May 16, 2016
to astonished parents.


My ancestors for more than five generations have chosen to serve the Choctaw people and our tribe, and I too, feel that intense, inner drive to serve.
I get a real kick, a real laugh, when someone discovers that I'm neither Liberal,
nor White nor Black.
Just rock-ribbed Conservative.



We have an aversion to having our picture taken;
and I see no need to explain further.

Thus, I keep a 18+ years old, unsmiling photo of myself up here. Sufficient to the task, but keeping me relatively unidentifiable in public:
I've posted only three other, recent photographs of myself in ten+ years on my bloggie, The Local Malcontent, --
look around for 'em.




Actually, I'm not a 'Malcontent' at all: I love seeing the best and highest character from everyone, like genuine love, dedication, & loyalty to the United States; honesty, respect, ambition. 

Expecting only the same treatment for myself, in return.

My cherished nom de plume originated from a series of letters to the editor of the McAlester (OK) newspaper, The McAlester News-Capital, back in 2003. In 2003 by the way, the newspaper was called the "News-Capital Democrat". That figures..
.
Anyway, a letter to the editor complained how the area Army Munitions Plant was contributing to the deaths of thousands of Iraqis, in that new war. It went on to condemn workers out there as "merchants of murder".
That angered me, into writing my own letter of rebuttal, defending the munitions plant, its' employees, America and George W. Bush. And I tried to tear "progressives" a new one, figuratively and literally.

The original letter writer must have taken offense that I had the nerve to disagree, and shot back, calling me "a known, local malcontent....", in typical, Liberal name-calling style.


I was never so pleased to be publicly recognized as such!!
And that title, valued highly be me, has stuck.

9 comments:

Jungle Mom said...

HA! Good on you...so no picture with short hair the. Ok. Thats good because my mental picture of you is with the long hair.

Abouna said...

Any time the liberals call you names, you know that you are doing something right.

The Localmalcontent said...

Right, P.O. Liberals?

My Pleasure. my right. muh obligation.

Col. B. Bunny said...

You know the definition of a racist, don't you?

Someone who's winning an argument with a liberal.

Spitfire said...

Local Malcontent,
My Dodi (Husband in Hebrew) is also Choctaw. His grandfather sat on the Ceremonial Council for years. I've read your comments and such on Dragon Lady's Den for quite some time, but this is the first time I've been to your blog. I agree with much of what you've written here. And think the moniker is great! I love it when folks think they're going to hurt you with their words and it backfires on them. Keep up the great work! Shalom, Spitfire

The Local Malcontent said...

Thanks, and Shalom, Spitfire~!

sig94 said...

Thanks for joining mal. I enjoy your work and appreciate your contributions.

Kini AlohaGuy said...

Wishing you and yours Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and happy New Year!

Col. B. Bunny said...

Happy New Year, LM and Leticia.