Sunday, May 4, 2008

Le Baiser

C'était le moment le plus intense de ma vie jusqu'ici
que nous avons regardé dans les yeux de chacun, tandis qu'arrêté à une lumière d'arrêt et sans mot, nous avons embrassé.


Il était pour moi, un moment hors de temps, comme si c'étaient une mémoire que je relived-
un moment je pourrais m'arrêter et m'attarder dedans, pour toujours.


J'ai perdu mon esprit alors, j'ai oublié comment respirer. En s'inquiétant pas pour avant ce qu'est venu, ou après-

Je voulu rien davantage que pour mourir bien là, dans elle embrassez, en regardant dans elle des yeux.

It was the most intense moment of my life thus far


We looked into each other's eyes, while stopped at a stop light
and without a word, we kissed.


It was for me, a moment out of time, as if it were a memory I relived- a moment I could stop and linger in, forever.

I lost my mind then, I forgot how to breathe. Caring not for what came before, or after-
I wanted nothing more than to die right there, in her embrace, looking into her eyes.




"La Vie En Rose"
Edith Piaf

Des yeux qui font baisser les miens,
Un rire qui se perd sur sa bouche—
Voilà le portrait sans retouche
De l’homme auquel j’appartiens.

Quand il me prend dans ses bras,
Il me parle tout bas,
Je vois la vie en rose.
Il me dit des mots d’amour,

Des mots de tous les jours,
Et ça me fait quelque chose.
Il est entré dans mon cœur,
Une part de bonheurDont je connais la cause.
C’est lui pour moi,
Moi pour lui dans la vie,
Il me l’a dit, l’a juré pour la vie.
Et dès que je l’aperçois,
Alors je sens en moi
Mon cœur qui bat.

Des nuits d’amour à plus finir,
Un grand bonheur qui prend sa place,
Les ennuis, les chagrins s’effacent,
Heureux, heureux à en mourir.

Quand il me prend dans ses bras,
Il me parle tout bas,
Je vois la vie en rose.
Il me dit des mots d’amour,
Des mots de tous les jours,
Et ça me fait quelque chose.
Il est entré dans mon cœur,
Une part de bonheur
Dont je connais la cause.
C’est lui pour moi,
Moi pour lui dans la vie,
Il me l’a dit, l’a juré pour la vie.
Et dès que je l’aperçois,
Alors je sens en moi
Mon cœur qui bat.

"My life in Rosy Hues"

Eyes that gaze into mine,
A smile that is lost on her lips—
That is the unretouched portrait
Of the woman to whom I belong.

When she takes me in her arms
And speaks softly to me,
I see life in rosy hues.
She tells me words of love,
Words of every day,
And in them I become something.
She has entered my heart,
A part of happiness
Whereof I understand the reason.
It’s she for me and I for her, throughout life,
She has told me, she has sworn to me, for life.
And from the things that I sense,
Now I can feel within me
My heart that beats.

In endless nights of love,
A great delight that comes about,
The pains and bothers are banished,
Happy, happy to die of love.

When she takes me in her arms
And speaks softly to me,
I see life in rosy hues.
She tells me words of love,
Words of every day,
And in them I become something.
She has entered my heart,
A part of happiness

Whereof I understand the reason.
It’s she for me and I for her, throughout life,
She has told me, she has sworn to me, for life.
And from the things that I sense,
Now I can feel within me
My heart that beats.

6 comments:

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

reading between the lines lately, it looks to me like you have even less cause to be "malcontent" than usual... ?

Anonymous said...

Nice LM, I enjoyed it.

How many fish did you find on the troutline?

DS

The Localmalcontent said...

Thank you, fellas- you are right, when I stopped 'chasing' love, then love found me.

A good buddy of mine told me at the store last night, 'You look happier than I've ever seen you'. Leticia would be that reason.

Mr. Smith, I pulled three out on Sunday afternoon and another two Monday evening. Flathead catfish.

Guy S said...

This is the same thing I have told both close friends (when they were "in the market" so to speak) and by two older sons. "When you stop trying (so hard) to find the girl of your dreams, she tends to sneak up on ya when you least expect it." Good on ya. And good results in fishing on top of this?? Life is good indeed!!

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

re "When you stop trying (so hard) to find the girl of your dreams, she tends to sneak up on ya when you least expect it." : i've heard that that idea works for others, but it hasn't worked for me yet. maybe i should put at least a minimal effort into the search? ;)

Jungle Mom said...

Ahhh, we girls just let you think you are chasing until we want to get caught. Then we let it happen.