Saturday, May 24, 2008

Post Number 524, on 05-24

~I think I can tie all this together, with this bow on top- John 5:24 NIV
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."

Ever since I first saw it, I have been offended by the Photoshopped image of Barack Obama as Jesus Christ. Whenever I sense it in my peripheral vision, I avert my eyes away, and here comes the hard part, I am disappointed in those who would publish something like that on blogs.


The nerve!! Associating Obama, this dangerous creep, this charlatan, despite his messiah-like appeal to Democrats of limited intelligence, with the creator and Savior of the,,, the everything.
By adding that image onto a blogsite, or by calling Senator Obama the messiah with a capital "m", did a blogger lead some reader to Christ?

Or did a blogger bring Christ down to our level in form of politician, or lift politician up to The Holy Son of God.


What if I were to say:
"And speaking of people who died to save you, on a hill far away, it's Memorial Day weekend."
That is equally offensive, and just ignorant, belittling both our Savior, and our fallen war heroes.


No one claimed in the 1970s or 80s that George Burns was God Almighty Himself, did they?

No one lifted the comedian up to the level of messiah, despite Burns' far kinder and more comforting monologues in "Oh God" regarding us, His children; they were the words of a screenplay writer. And the words spoken by the actor portraying God in human form did nothing to promote an actual human as national savior, the answer to the ills of the world.
And that first movie at least, went a long way to show how humans have created God in our image, circumscribing Him with finite minds.


God, not Burns, made it rain inside the car, remember? And God's message within that movie was one of warmth and of love, a gentle reminder that He is always there for us... then, as now, as always.


If Barack Obama ever makes it rain inside a car, we have our Antichrist. But the Antichrist as described in the Bible is a person who comes onto the scene from outta no where, suddenly, promising hope and change...

6 comments:

theotherryan said...

Good post! I have not seen that but it would make me upset also.

Don Smith said...

I believe it is in Timothy, that it says, "toward the end, they will be decieved and they will tickle their ears" (meaning tell them what they want to hear)and lead them astray."

Obamma lost me when he refused to salute the flag, that is just downright un-American to me. And he said that it stood for terrany (sp) and all that.

Let him sit and sip tea with Oprah.

The Localmalcontent said...

Also curious is that Obama announces that so many things are not allowable in this campaign (comments about his ears, wife, religion, pastor, record, race, ethnicity, lack of ethnicity, drug usage, wife again, friends, etc.), but NEVER ONCE has he objected to being referred to as the messiah!

Isn't that revealing?!?

Jungle Mom said...

I am sorry if my posting it bothered you. I found it to be so ludicrous, I thought the photo might open peoples eyes to the disgusting claims many are making of Obama. Please forgive me and trust I meant no offense to you or our Saviour.

Don Smith said...

Perhaps when he dies, he will stand there and the angel will say to him, "User Name and Password?" and he will have neither.

Yeah, that would be alright.

If he is the Messiah, then I would say I am in big trouble for sure.

DS

The Localmalcontent said...

JMom, no need to apologize, I saw it at many places. And really, it is an awfully touchy subject- like the occasional cussword I'll print here, which offends my readers as well.

As I said, I avert my line of sight.

Don, LOL, the way your mind worx...
but take my word, Obama is not the capital M messiah.
I wish all the political decisions to be made were as easy as that one.