Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Now THAT'S Too Much!

Oklahoma Earthquakes?!! You are kidding me, right?

No, it happened. Yesterday, south of Stillwater (at that moment, it was Gigglywater).
A whopping 3.1 on the Richter scale.
(reports of sleeping uncles wobbling on their frontporch rocking chairs, are widespread)

Tornadoes, the remnants of Gulf hurricanes, floods, the stifling heat and humidity in summertime, dust storms, the possibility of a snowy blizzard and bitter cold, howling winter winds... and now earthquakes!!?

I wouldn't live anywhere else!!

3 comments:

Jungle Mom said...

I waved as I flew over the "west".

Abouna said...

We are having a highly unusual early heat wave, yesterday we had a very violent Thunderstorm with rain so hard that you couldn't see more than an inch or two in front of you and it knocked out electrical and phone power to over 10,000 people all in an area just two miles away from me. Now all we need are the earthquakes (there is a fault line here in New York State that is about two hundred miles from my location, and tornadoes. We did have one a couple of years ago.

Keep your eyes open for the locusts, frogs, boils and rivers of blood, I think they are coming.

By the way, do you know or have you heard anything about Obama secretly
trying to suck up to Native American Leaders in your area? I heard something about it in passing on the Fox News Channel a couple of days ago, but I wasn't able to get all of the details.

The Localmalcontent said...

I saw you waving, JMom! What were you doing up there in the pilot's seats?!
Can't wait to see the wedding photographs of my little brother Josh.

Yeah, Abouna, Obama hasn't actually been to any tribal HQ in Oklahoma that I'm aware of, but visited with leaders of the Sioux, Blackfoot, Comanche, and Nez Perce that I know of-- I'll send you an email on more.