Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tree Bark Shows Signs of Pest Infestation, Islam

From the woodpile: (actually the Chicago Tribune)

Something about the sound of the tree bark hitting the ground caught Assad Busool's attention, compelling the Islamic scholar (!!) to pluck the wood fragment from the pavement in front of his Skokie, Illinois home.What he found written on it has caused a minor stir among some members of his Muslim community, who view the engraving as a divine reminder of the existence of God.The word "Muhammad"—or rather the Arabic for the Islamic prophet's name—had been carved into the bark by insects."I was astonished," said Busool, 69. "I said, 'What is the meaning of this?' I have a holy tree in my yard."

"It's crystal clear, it says Muhammad," said Andala Mbengue, a cabdriver from Senegal who saw the wood.

Holding the tree bark the other way around, the termites have spelled out "Help- I've reincarnated as a termite", indicating that the prophet has already progressed through 26 lesser incarnations, to reach his present lofty state, and needing just less than 1,000 more to reach the level 'snake' incarnation, according to experts in reincarnation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, Muhammad causes tree death also. No wonder their world looks like it does.

Don smith said...

I recently discovered a potato chip that had MasterCard engraved on the back of it, but I cannot seem to get a cab driver to stop and look at it.

DS

crazy4danes said...

Nice post, You write so well. So Muhammad is a termite now...nice.

zeelah said...

hi..im visiting your blog again.. Im interested in this post.. can you show me the picture of it..?
Anyway, my religion is Islam and Muhammad is our prophet.. I am so suprised and dont understand why you people go against him.. My suggestion is, do read more books about our phrophet before you jump into conclusions... :)

The Localmalcontent said...

Zeelah, I'm sorry. Please accept my apology for needlessly insulting your beliefs and your religion.

It is all too easy to bash Islam these days, forgetting that there are many Muslims like yourself, Zeelah, who are some of the nicest people in the world.

I apologize, and ask you to please forgive me.