Saturday, June 21, 2008

YOU'VE JUST WON 10 MILLION DOLLARS*

* - That is what I would say to you if I were Ed McMahon, and if this was a sweepstakes letter.

I got this irratating letter in the mail today, from my friend Daniel D. in Little Rock, Arkansas.

The windowed envelope screamed that headlined announcement!
And to the right, I could see half the image of Ed McMahon's face. For about 5 seconds I believed it too. Alright, 20 seconds, until I had torn the thing apart to look at that enclosed, prize-winning check.

No check for $10,000,000.00 enclosed.

Just a letter from a buddy with a sick sense of humor. Just a letter from a mental patient, sorely in need of constant care and Thorazine.

Hearing from Daniel was good enough, I suppose; it had been a year or more since I'd heard from him, but RATZ and RATZ, winning a sweepstakes prize would have been sweet.
~If I really had won such an amount, I would have eventually invited him to come visit my new castle. He only rates a return letter this way...
*

*So sorry bud. But as a gag letter, it was sublime.

I'm thinking of returning the favor to Daniel, in an envelope marked as sent by the Arkansas Department of Child Welfare, Investigation bureau.

1 comment:

Abouna said...

"I'm thinking of returning the favor to Daniel, in an envelope marked as sent by the Arkansas Department of Child Welfare, Investigation bureau."

Wow, what a mean streak. But I like it!