Tuesday, August 12, 2008

-- Hold The Phone --

Well, as the old song goes "what a difference a day makes! Just 24 hours..."
May I be allowed to rescind my resignation from yesterday, boss?


Several things have happened since yesterday, and maybe I was a bit rash in stopping the Local Malcontent. First, I was just dying all day today, to say to someone, "Wow, it's mid-August in Oklahoma, and the temperature is 68° at 3:00 p.m."


Also, by a supportive email from my friend Abouna Gregori, two kind comments on that post below, and a caring phonecall from Leti earlier today all have urged me not to stop blogging here. Leticia helped me to see that this is the political-vent outlet I need in a Liberal dominated area like this and that she isn't interested in hearing about any of it. Good point.


The legal matter with my friend Oogah Tleh is better than he let on, or I imagined, in Fort Worth. He's down there in the Tarrant Co. jail now, and relates to me that his warrant is only for not paying any probation fees in four years.
It helped me, to hear him promise not to miss my wedding, too.



I spoke with Chairman/Councilman Dan Jones of the Ponca Tribe this afternoon, and was also assured that he and his tribe both are interested in helping my friend find some good low cost legal representation in Tarrant County.


I promise to keep posting here, thanks to ya'll. Now, I've got to email Okiedoke, and re-apply to the Okie Bloggers' Rodeo. Haha.
Mike will probably require another application fee from me. Again.


**SO IT IS BACK TO WORK!!**
Sean Hannity is presently reporting on the Communist Party USA's endorsement of Baracky Obamy for president, as I broke first here about three days ago.
Local Malcontent readers are ahead of the curve, naturally! And the LMC's prediction of a 51.8% - 46.4% win for John McCain will also prove to be right on the money, as well.



Did I tell you that it feels like an autumn day here today?
See all ya'll tomorrow, alright?

8 comments:

McGehee said...

Did I pick the wrong month to withdraw 99% (by John Edwards reckoning) from the blogosphere? Then again, you did rescind that resignation before I knew you'd posted it, so my blood pressure certainly benefited from the quasi-absence.

As for Glenn, there's a reason why bloggers often refer to the "48-hour rule" in dealing with sudden heart-stopping news. I'm glad this turned out to be one of those cases.

Abouna said...

WELCOME BACK! GOSH, I MISSED YOU!!

Ya know, I have noticed that the Fox News Channel does seem to be a dollar short and a day late on some of the stuff they report on.Most of the bloggers do seem to be ahead of the curve on a lot of things.

Glad you will continue to vent your spleen for us. My family gets tired of hearing me gripe on political matters too.

Don Smith said...

Now I am really confused.

DS

The Localmalcontent said...

Heh. Thanks you guys. Cutting back to the extent you have, McGehee, is likely the pattern I'll follow, instead of quitting. A pace my sanity can allow.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for continuing your blog. Although I do not always agree with your views, I enjoy the style with which they are written.

Jungle Mom said...

Just post when you feel like it...we'll be here!

crazy4danes said...

I'm so glad that you decided to continue your blog! :) And I'm glad things are looking up for your dear friend!

The Localmalcontent said...

Thanks Angela, and all;

An unexpected trip to Fort Worth in my near future to bring Glenn back...