Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Psycho-Neuraesthetics (TOO MUCH TV)

Oh good, a quiz that I'm good at, for a change.

No, this one will not tell you after completion, what flavor milkshake you are, but that maybe,
Maybe like me, you spend too much time watching old TV reruns:



My only regret in taking this
Classic TV Theme show Quiz, is that I recognized the songs too fast.

Some of them are real jewels, and worth hearing their entire scores.

But Wait-- I'm offering 3 bonus points to the quiz above-- here's an oldie but a goodie, that if you can listen to, then name, you know your stuff:



Remember this one? I sure do, mostly as I drive along Park Avenue. Clik it to hear it on your Windows Media Player.

Finally, for no apparent reason, here's a photo of Grandpa Munster.

He too, was an oldie-but-a-goodie.

7 comments:

McGehee said...

I missed "Falcon Crest" or "Dynasty" or whichever one it turned out to be, I picked the other. And I took your advice and let the themes run longer before answering the questions.

I may have to start downloading favorite TVG show theme songs for my MP3 collection.

I'm going to have to direct my wife to that quiz, particularly #7 because on a recent episode of "Psych" there was a scene where a bunch of SWAT vans rolled up, and she said it would have been funnier if they'd used the actual theme from the show.

Don Smith said...

Hey lookie there, no one ahead of me on this one! See it does pay to suffer from post menopausal oh wait a minute ... it was insomnia it wasn't that other thing.

The theme from Perry Mason. Would be my guess.

DS

Don Smith said...

I thought it was that "one question" and afterwards figured it out. I hit 8 out of ten, and it told me to get a life or something like that.

The Die Nasty one got me and the LaVerne and Shirley.

But I am an old geezer, so it figures eh?

DS

The Localmalcontent said...

Both you guys made A's.
Boss, you have a great wife, if she said that!!
KUDOS on that, Paleface.

Ahh, Don, the Heartbreak of the Eastern Time Zone...
(Don't call McGehee "no one", call him Paleface)

WTH??? You Missed the "Laverne and Shirley" tune question, but guessed "Perry Mason"??
Whoa...

McGehee said...

I knew it would be the Perry Mason theme before I clicked it, but that's because I peaked.

In Firefox, when you mouseover a link, the URL appears in the status bar: http://www.barbneal.com/wav/tvthemes/pmason.wav

Don Smith said...

Yeah I know ... kind of sad huh?

Now for the burning question, "Did Gilligan ever get off that Island?"

move 'em in, move out, yeah, Rawhide!

DS

Christopher Willis said...

10 of 10