Monday, October 27, 2008

Lean Bach and Enjoy

Two of my latest blogging friends, both well respected and appreciated, have issued blog posties very recently, with Johann Sebastian Bach themes.

The first to my ears/knowledge, was Col. B. Bunny about two weeks ago with a delicious treat, serving up Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, both an alltime and now timely (*Halloween) favorite.

Now yesterday, Gregor, the Sad Old Goth, shows his more genteel side, with a post honoring Bach's perfect "Air on a G-String", with a similar, impressive YouTube video, 'For Your Pleasure'.

What stupendeous, and tasteful friends I have in these two men, among all you others~!~!

Well, why not add my two cents then here as well, I asked myself.
Self replied, "DO IT!"

My personal favorite Bach composition is every bit as equally sublime and as much ear-candy as the two former pieces above;
but I have found this, the Brandenburg Concerto No. 3, Allegro to be my personal favorite.

When I hear it, I think of walking through a snowstorm. When I walk through a snowstorm, I am reminded of Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No. 3, Allegro.

Now, Imagine yourself, with a loved one, venturing out for a nature walk, on a windy, bitterly cold day when the snowflakes are flying about-- not stingy, but in full force: A snowstorm.

This is my vision of this awesome piece. Please to enjoy the following video, my submission to the current "Bach Top 10", and Imagine Snowfall and Wind, Realizing that like us humans, Each Snowflake is Individually, Uniquely Designed.



I Am Impressed.
That's why both Col. B. Bunny and the Sad Old Goth are listed in my "Right Here Links".
Now more than ever, so.


When will they come up with Scott Joplin Ragtime themed-posts, though......? LOL

5 comments:

Jungle Mom said...

Lovely. I do enjoy walking in the rain, but not snow storm. SO I imagined a rain storm.

The Localmalcontent said...

I'm guessing you walked through a snowstorm or two in West Virginia as a youth, more frequently than I have here in Soonerland, so I defer to your experience.

gregor said...

Brandenburg #5 is my favorite. Very complex harpsichord parts. If you listen very closely, the harpsichord undertones in the second movement are very similar to what is used by blues and jazz organ artists today, playing under the melody and creating counter melody. Smooth stuff.

Col. B. Bunny said...

Thanks for the kind plug, Sir.

I love the riches to be found in YouTube.

Here are a couple of my other favorites:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8-KyL2gMxV8

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HH6jgxfWO2Y

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=l4WLmohE3KQ

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oEfFbuT3I6A&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9ilMODfi2vM&feature=related

On the eclectic side but all fine.

Col. B. Bunny said...

And may I add this exquisite song?

Cristina Branco- Sete Pedaços de Vento