Thursday, December 18, 2008

Serenity. Gibberish. And 100 Other Things

Dear friends, I find myself with a little free time tonight, and during which, I wanted to thank you for all your very kind wishes and hopes for me and my bride, Leticia, and our marriage in 9 days.

HOW I WISH that all of you could know the serenity and just the hopefulness that I am feeling right now.
I feel like, at age 39, my life is complete, is fulfilled;

needing nothing more added to the 'Charcoal drawing
of my life', than the depth, the hue and Technicolorazation which my dear bride will add.



I can honestly say, for the first time in my memory, that I am so very richly blessed
by our Creator God, and so--
so, SO cognizant of everything around me, an awareness of all the, every tiny, most-minute joys there are that I once was completely unfamiliar with--

(For a full 10 minutes today, I marvelled at a dead hackberry leaf, lying in the wet gutter,
because Upside-down, it looked exactly like a heart)
-
because of the tremendous and wonderful woman who entered my life so unannounced and. so. unexpectedly.

I was/am so swept off my feet (*and LMC readers can tell), I haven't been able to talk about any of America's matters in months, I know--, like illegal immigration or al Qaeda or Obambo, with any conviction. Focus.

Because my conviction has been solely, entirely in lasso-ing in the future Mrs. Malcontent, Miss Leticia H. of LeFlore, Oklahoma. The woman who agreed to marry me in just over a week from thoday.

That's the reason I wanted to give up this bloggie in August. But my mind was changed, then. My focus became both infinite to possibilities and narrowed to my aim-- I was becoming a husband, a caretaker of another soul, a protector/provider of another.

All at once, I was dazzled with God's infinite and extraordinary plan for mankind- I saw new worlds, and how WE could be the creators of them, with His Blessings and His Guidance- and I cried,
"This joy?!! Is marriage?"

Now, my days literally are filled with awe and wonder at her love for me??, interspersed with my thoughts of her and what's she doing right now... and her eyes and her face and her hands and her hair.

Boys, sorry. but I got the grand prize wife.

5 comments:

Most Rev. Gregori said...

May those feelings remain always with you.

God Bless,

"Abouna"

Jungle Mom said...

Reading this makes my heart smile.
I am so sorry that I have been unable to contribute anything to your blog yet. We have been very busy. I still hope to get a chance to do so, but probably will not have anytime until this weekend.

BobG said...

"(For a full 10 minutes today, I marvelled at a dead hackberry leaf, lying in the wet gutter,
because Upside-down, it looked exactly like a heart) -
because of the tremendous and wonderful woman who entered my life so unannounced and. so. unexpectedly."

I think this song is appropriate.

The Localmalcontent said...

I. Think. So. Too. BobG. Thank you for that.

JMom, anytime, I love ya and know you've got more than a world of experience concerning marriage you can share~!

Abouna, what can I/We say but
)))))))))))))))))))
Your blessings for us, returned and magnified, to you.

Jeffro said...

I'm just pretty tickled that you are so happy. May your future always sparkle as it does now.