Sunday, January 11, 2009

Celebrity Contest Redux

Posting up that "Twisted Twelve" meme-post yesterday (below), has had some unintended reactions from Leti and me.

Seems that during the search for the first lines on first posts of each month of the previous year, Leticia noticed that March of '08 had a "draft" LMC blogpost-
never published online, but saved nevertheless.
((Reminder to Self: Delete all other drafts!))

After reading it, my wife urged me to go on and post it up here. But, rewritten to include a real prize to a winner, instead of the deadend and wishy-washy promise I made 10 months ago, originally.

So, here's the deal: From all the correct guesses made in the comments here,
Leti will choose one randomly, and we will then contact said winner,
and donate $150 to their favorite charity, in their name(s).
JUST NOT Hamas or Hizbollah....

Whatchathink? That's the woman I married, guys- She Is a Keeper~!

So, from March, 2008, here is
"There's A Monkee In My Family Tree"

Well, who knew?!! One of the guys in the following video, is a relative of mine, it turns out~! The Monkees were an offshoot of the Beatles, so to speak, as well as a Made-For-TV show in the 1960s, but did manage to have some songs that are considered classic rock-n-roll anthems still today.
The question for you now, is which Monkee am I a relative of?? Answers which include such submissions as "Chimpanzee, Gorilla, Orangutang, or Marmoset", will be promplty deleted. Unless they are really funny.




(Here is the YouTube link for the video, in case this doesn't play well.)

BASED UPON THE VIDEO, here are some hints and some clues. Some good, some not good:
1) I am an Anglophile, but that Much?!?
2) My hair is longer than my relative's, mostly.
3) Music performed by my Third Cousin is presently in my 115+ song playlist,

in the margin to the right here.
4) I've checked already, and Wikipedia offers no insight on Peter, Mickey, Michael or Davey. Sorry.
5) He's Proof that there are flaming liberals in the best of conservative families.... though....
6) I hold my tom-toms differently, when I'm drumming at powwows.
7) Now, 40 years later, I still wear the same clothes as he.

8) Go ahead and guess "Garth Brooks", since my singing voice sounds like his, but you'll be wrong. But hey, thanks alot!

** Some may not remember the Monkee's names- they are/were:
Davy Jones, vocals; Peter Tork, keyboards; Michael Nesmith, lead/bass guitar; Mickey Dolenz, percussion.**

Good Luck~! This contest will END on January 31, 2009, at midnight, CST.
As soon as possible in February, a winner will be announced here at the LMC,
and arrangements will be made for the charity prize via private emails.







14 comments:

gregor said...

After consulting the oracle stones and giving it some deep thought (no, it didn't include Google...) it has to be Nesmith.

Jungle Mom said...

I have no clue.Zip!

Most Rev. Gregori said...

I remember the group, but not the names, but I believe that it is the fellow playing the tambourine.

Hope you and Leti are doing well.

McGehee said...

I'd be inclined to think it was Peter Tork, because you (used to, before you got all hitched and stuff) get pretty torked about what's going on in the world.

The Localmalcontent said...

Hahahaha- torked up before getting hitched- good one, very good one McGehee~!

Abouna, the members of the Monkees are Davy Jones, Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, and Peter Tork.
The one with the tamborine I think was Tina Turner.... ;)

Okiedoke said...

I'll go with Micky.

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

ermmm... dolenz, maybe? (from clue 6 about drums)

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Yo Bro, re-view the video you posted, the dude playing the tambourine sure don't look like no Tina Turner to me. But then what do I know, I'm bind in one eye and can't see out the other.

P.S.

How about putting a picture of you and the Mrs. on your blog. Munchkin says "Hi".

crazy4danes said...

I have no idea, but I'm going to have to go with Peter Tork. I think that's pretty cool that you have a famous musician for a relative!

And thank you so much for your kind words on the passing of Cowboy. And I hope you and Leti are doing well! Dan and I just celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary! :)

The Localmalcontent said...

(*In my best Steve Martin voice)
Well, excuuuuuse me! LOL

No, Tina Turner isn't in the video.
That's Davy Jones tambourining the heck out of that tambourine.
As for the photos, even we haven't seen the wedding pics yet- only the proofs.

Angela, thanks. I know your heartache, in losing Cowboy, as I did Amos last June. You'll continue to expect to see him for awhile still- then his absence around your house, will set in.
I still step in holes Amos dug in the yard , months and months ago. Once, they made me mad.
Now they make me smile.

ABNPOPPA said...

My guess is Mickey Dolenz, the drummer! Just make the check out to the Wounder Warriors Fund.

Pops

ABNPOPPA said...

I voted in the contest.

Pops

The Localmalcontent said...

I see that, Pops~! great, and thank you.

3 DAYS TO GO UNTIL FEBRUARY 1st, END OF CONTEST

Mike said...

I think it's Nesmith. My reasoning is because of the geographical ties.

His mother invented Liquid Paper, btw.