Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our 2nd MALCONTEST of 2009

Well, OK, here it is.
From the beginning, I want to just say,
I Don't Like This One That Much.

Sorry.

The trouble with a Blog Contest is, I must offer up something which cannot
be researched to try and win, yet must be something curious/interesting enough,
to be tried to win.

OK. So, back in 5 B.C. (Before Clinton), your Local Malcontent was a University of Oklahoma Freshman, and was invited, asked to sit for a portrait by a local, promising artist, named Kevin Stark.
Kevin Stark today, is a mega-wealthy, Oklahoma hero.

And, I'm very proud to say, a good friend, to this day.

Not because he is the designer of "The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" action figures, as well as other toys and cartoons; not because he is the owner of the Tulsa Oilers hockey team; not even because he owns and supplies an Oklahoma museum in Pauls Valley, OK-:
Just/Only because he's my longtime good friend, despite my Image here.

In, around 1987, Kevin was commissioned to paint a series of 30 portraits.
Each one illustrating, over-illustrating perhaps, one single emotion
on his canvas' captured visage.

Here is What Friend Kevin Saw In My Face,
In Me,
Twenty-two years ago, In 1987.



YOUR QUESTION IS THIS:
WHAT OVER-DONE EMOTION DID I DISPLAY IN THIS PORTRAIT IN MY FACE,
ACCORDING TO WORLD FAMOUS ARTIST KEVIN STARK?


I will not give any clues to answers this time, since everyone recognizes emotions, right?
Other than to say this:


** "Malcontent" is Not an emotion.
** While Kevin and your Local Malcontent are friends, he asked me to pay him
$200.00 to buy my portrait.
** The water-colours involved in my hair, shirt, eyes ARE NOT REPRESENTATIVE.

Only psychedelically induced.
** I keep this portrait behind both cushions and a wall, not unlike Dorian Grey did.

GOOD LUCK GUESSING ~!

WHAT LETICIA AND I ARE LOOKING FOR HERE IS,

WHAT EMOTION ONLY, AS EXEMPLIFIED BY MY PORTRAIT HERE,
DID MR. STARK SEE IN ME, THEN???
I know the 'Stark' answer.... exactly.

This Contest will END at Midnight, on February 28, CST.
Correct answers will be copied onto paper, and thrown up into the wind, and that one which isn't in the lake will be the winner. LOL
No, we will do exactly the same as we did with winner's names in the January Malcontest, completely randomly.

And, Leti and I will donate $150.00 to the winner's charity of choice,
as long as it's not HAMAS, OR HEZBOLLAH.

GOOD LUCK~!
PLEASE ENTER, JUST AS YOU VOTED LAST NOVEMBER,

OFTEN AND FREQUENTLY, IN THE COMMENTS AREA HERE.

19 comments:

Kini said...

Could be Hawaiian.

The Localmalcontent said...

THAT MADE MY MONTH, KINI

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, KOFF KOFF KOFF

But please, guess an EMOTION, alright? I can't appear to cheat, in this day and age....

The Localmalcontent said...

P.S. Kini-
I think I'd make a great Hawaiian, like you.
Should I interpret your answer
as "Envy"?
Haha, Heyyah, and loyality~!

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

b.c.?!? i propose changing that acronym to b.c.e., before the clintons' egregiousness.

or (considering how much president hussein stinks) maybe changing the date to 22 b.o., before obama.

:D

as for the actual contest entry, i have no idea, unless 'stoicism' is an emotion...

Jungle Mom said...

Resignation.

Christopher Willis said...

Compassion.

ABNPOPPA said...

Mal,

First are you sure both pictures are you?

I say anxiety although JM may have a good shot with her resignation too.

Pops

Mike said...

I've thought about it for nearly a day now and I'll go with "anger".

Reminds me of that old joke about the party where everyone came dressed as an emotion.

If it IS anger, then I'll also have to say you handle that particular emotion very well. Me? You could light a cigarette on my forehead when I'M angry.

Come to think of it, I've been angry every day since the last election. No wonder my heating bills have been down from previous years.

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Perhaps deep sadness.

McGehee said...

Disappointment.

The Localmalcontent said...

Yeah, Pops, fairly certain.

I remember sitting for that drawing, in the kitchen area of a mutual friend's geodesic-domed house (looked like a half buried golf ball from the outside);
as I said, disregard the colour discrepencies in Kevin's portrait.

hatless- same wavelength, as usual.

The Localmalcontent said...

You talk about FAIRNESS- wow, man~!

The Sad Old Goth E-mailed me, with a 'Emotion'-al guess, but didn't want to enter this contest, instead wanting others to have the chance to win.

You are all class, Goth.

ABNPOPPA said...

Mal,

You're right Goth has class. Not a lot of that going around in Washington these days.

Geodesic home, cool. My wife and I looked at them for a long time before we built our earth-contact home. We went to see one here in Ohio and in the dead of winter the home was heated with a wood stove in the middle. It does look like a half buried golf ball though.

Pops

Jungle Mom said...

We built a rammed earth house in Venezuela. Has anyone heard of those?

The Localmalcontent said...

Not until you mentioned them, JMom; but they look great!

Col. B. Bunny said...

Equanimity?

Prudie said...

Well... "Constipation" is not an emotion. So there goes my first guess.

So I'm going to have to go with "contentment". I don't know why... something about the eyes. So I'm counting on the artist being really good at eyes. Also, I'm counting on your sense of irony since this is the malcontent's blog.

Oh wait! Is it "love"? I don't know!

Pamela D. Hart said...

Here goes my guess: I'm reading a deep pain in your eyes. So, torment, agony, misery, anguish; you get the picture(no pun intended)~ Pain. Something inside is causing you a lot of pain.

The Localmalcontent said...

Col. Bunny: Hello old friend! You've been missed both here and at the Intergalatic Source of Truth watchtower!
Equanimity? Does that mean 'constipated'? LOL

And speaking of old (and new again) friends, Heyyah, Prudie!
Thank you for the link to the contest over at your blog, girl~!

Pamela: Likewise, thank you for linking the LMC at your blog; I find your posts to be good reading.
And you honor me with that link from Feb. 3, Bloggers' Day post.