Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Late ( I KNOW ), March Local MalContest

This year, March came in like a lamb around here: A frigid lamb, but still a quiet lamb, nevertheless.
Who can predict what animal is likened to in that familiar phrase, when March leaves next Tuesday??


Sorry, but that is not this month's contest question. I was just rambling there....
Instead, here is the really juicy, entirely researchable and historical Malcontest question:


WHICH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES CAME TO LE FLORE COUNTY, OKLAHOMA AND GAVE A MAJOR SPEECH? AND WHAT WAS THE YEAR OF THAT SPEECH?
WE WANT BOTH NAME AND YEAR, IN ALL CORRECT ANSWERS, PLEASE.


HINTS:
1) It was a "he". ~Sorry, Elenor and Hillary, but you don't count, despite being the real powers behind the throne.
2) In "Oklahoma", not "Indian Territory". ~Sorry, James A. Garfield.
3) As President, not as a candidate, nor former President. ~Sorry, Joe Liebermann and Ron Paul.
4) This President's Oklahoma 'castle' was recently demolished. ~Sorry, John Kerry.
5) Thank you in advance for your best wishes, but I'm not yet President, and ~"I am not a Crook", either.


Those clues narrow down the choices to between Theodore Roosevelt and Bubba J. Clinton:
Essentially, we're talking the 20th century here, 1901-2000.
** Bullwinkle Obama is not a possibility either, for obvious reasons....
** Answers of "Andrew Jackson" will be awarded with donations of NDN blankets bearing smallpox spores.
This Malcontest will end at 11:59 P.M., CDT, March 31, 2009- early, as I may have a BEEG April Fool's prank to play on all ya'll....


My wife and I will donate $150.00 to the charity of choice of the winner,
as long as it is not Hamas nor Hezbollah or Planned Parenthood.
From all correct entries, my wife will select one from a hat once worn by President Papoon~
Enter often and frequently, just as you should vote.


Good Luck To You, from us, Leti and Ron, the Local Malcontents~!

4 comments:

McGehee said...

By Googling I figure disqualified myself, but suffice to say the president was the one I expected.

The Localmalcontent said...

"Googling" equals "researching" there, friend. No disqualification.

Looks like you could be the winner, of this....

Mike said...

T. Roosevelt 1905

???

McGehee said...

Well, in looking more closely at the Google results I don't find reference to an actual visit and speech, but in 1926 Calvin Coolidge expanded the Ouachita National Forest into Le Flore County, and that's what I was basing my guess on.