Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Fellow Americans **UPDATE**

Lots of Tea Parties!!
At last count, over 800 across these United States, and even abroad.

Including one, in the "deep black heart of Little Dixie, Oklahoma": in McAlester~!

I tell ya, I never thought I'd see the day, of a tax protest in McAlester. No, I didn't attend;
I could not re-arrange my work schedule to either be in McAlester or in Muskogee, OK., where the other nearest one was held.
Across Oklahoma, there were at least six, well-attended Tea Party Protests:
OKC, Tulsa, Muskogee, Norman, Lawton, & McAlester.
I'm expecting to hear that Stillwater (Go Cowboys!) had one as well.



Photos from several around the U.S.
(*including one, of thousands of Okies, at the OK capitol)

P.S.-
Mike poses A Very Revealing, Taxing Question at the Top of Texas Gazette. Check this one out!

P.S.S-
(*UPDATE)
Abouna sends word, of TWO TEA PARTIES, HELD IN N.W. NEW YORK (in the comments)~!~!
There's a 'New York' on Mars??
It can't be OUR New York, can it!??

8 comments:

Most Rev. Gregori said...

I was busy today myself. I had a funeral this morning, then I had to high tail it to Buffalo, NY (about 60 miles from where I live) to attend a Tea Party there, then back to Rochester late this afternoon for another Tea Party here. The turn out at both were fantastic.

The Localmalcontent said...

IN NEW YORK???????????

??????????????????????

??????????????????????

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Ya shocking isn't it? There are some New Yorkers with common sense, not many, but some.

Mike said...

Have you seen how the left is trying to spin this? The hateful, puerile comments about "teabagging", about how only mouth breathers and knuckle-draggers would be attending these demonstrations, etc.

Then there's this:

CNN
Reporter Harassed at Chicago "Tea-Party"
Supposedly the vid was posted by a liberal and I don't doubt that because otherwise, if truth were known, the "harassed" would in quotes instead of "tea party".

There's one redeeming quality about hat vid: from now on, there's absolutely no way that the leftists can argue that CNN is an objective news organization.

Our Texas gov. Perry has enthused some folks with his veiled secession threat, but it's all bluster, I'm afraid. I sure wish we COULD secede from this tainted Union; I'm positive there would be other states come along with us.

I don't hate my country; I just despise half the people who live in it.

The Localmalcontent said...

And Mike, there's nothing wrong with that.
Yeah, I saw the CNN vid., and the reporterette there... repulsive.
Asking... how can that man be resentful since his state, Illinois, is receiving billions in Federal monies? ... with a two-year-old in tow?

My Gosh, it is for those kids, and that child's children, that the Tea Parties are being held~!

CNN & reporter Suzie Roesblatt, whoever, are trying to make viewers as stupid as them/she.
stupid and trying to

The Localmalcontent said...

Wow, this blogpost has me
P.S.Sing all over the place tonight

Mike: I saw the vid of TX. Gov. Perry, mentioning secession tonight, and cheered!
I regard Texas as the last bastion still of what our once-great-nation used to be:
And if ya'll go, I hope that Oklahoma comes with you, along with other Southern, Gulf states~!!

Mike said...

I'd be willing for Ok. and Tx. to secede; we could call the new country "Oklatex" for all I care. I bet Louisiana would come with us; then we could be a petroleum exporting nation.

Been following the lib comments on msg. boards about the Tea Parties...now all the good folks who participated are being called "Un-American".

Funny thing, only a year ago dissent was considered patriotic. All depends upon which foot the shoe is on, I guess.

Jungle Mom said...

Sadly, we did not have one here in Paraguay! We did have our own little family tea Party tho!