Monday, May 4, 2009

"AIN'T"


He was just a little boy,
On a week's first day.
Wandering home from Bible School,
And dawdling on the way.

He scuffed his shoes into the grass;
He even found a caterpillar.
He found a fluffy milkweed pod,
And blew out all the 'filler.'

A bird's nest in a tree overhead,
So wisely placed up so high.
Was just another wonder,
That caught his eager eye.

A neighbor watched his zig zag course,
And hailed him from the lawn;
Asked him where he'd been that day
And what was going on.

'I've been to Bible School ,'
He said and turned a piece of sod.
He picked up a wiggly worm replying,
'I've learned a lot about God.'

'M'm very fine way,' the neighbor said,
'for a boy to spend his time.'
'If you'll tell me where God is,
I'll give you a brand new dime.'

Quick as a flash the answer came!
Nor were his accents faint--
'I'll give you a dollar, Mister,
If you can tell me where God ain't'.
H/T, via email, Pampa's Finest.

4 comments:

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Excellent Post my friend,and ever so true.

Mike said...

I thought that was a cute poem; I'm not one of those folks who passes along every email they get, but I have an uncle who does that.

I sent it to him and about an hour later, got it back. Dunno why he does that. He also sends along entire web pages and wish he wouldn't. I would prefer he send along the link.

Back when I used Hotmail and they had a fairly small account limit, he maxed it out in one day.

Anyway, thanks for the link.

Jungle Mom said...

May I borrow this from you? with credit of course!

The Local Malcontent said...

Please make full use of this cute poem, JMom.
However, I don't deserve the credit, Mike at Top of Texas Gazette sent it to me via email.