Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day~!

This American holiday has always meant something different, something lesser for me.
This year, it means the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere, 15 hrs, 30 mins. of dawn/day/dusk here in Yanush.
Also, it was one year ago, when my dog and best friend Amos was killed on Highway 2.
Much more happily-er, today June 21, is our beloved friend Dillon's 13th birthday!! We bought him a medium-size, 700 cc. Kawasaki dirt bike.

We will be away from home most of today, sharing birthday wishes with him first,
driving later this afternoon to Y City, Arkansas
to visit Leticia's dad Kenneth.

I will finish off the series, "EXPOSING....' tomorrow, with possibly a part 6
to follow, since I have more to say, and I can't seem to count in English.

4 comments:

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Please wish Dillon a Happy Birthday from me. And since you are in some ways a Dad to Dillon, then I shall wish you a Happy Father's Day.

The Local Malcontent said...

Hey, the next time that he's over here, I'll let him email you, Abouna.

Most Rev. Gregori said...

That would be great

The Local Malcontent said...

11:30 pm update:
I had to go and check on someone else, when I saw Dillon riding his bike along Hwy. 63.
He signaled me to pull over, and we talked there on the side of a highway.
He's been in trouble at home, fighting, and grounded.
Yeah, and he's out riding up and down the highways.

IRATE>