Sunday, June 7, 2009

What Are You Up To?

We are back home now, from Oklahoma City this weekend, the 3-Day Red Earth Festival there.
The least attended Festival this decade, I heard from several officials.
Even The Daily Oklahoman's review was well, lame.


... Could've been why Marty's 'Native Choctaw Grassdance Group' placed second in the Southern Grass competition-
or because of me, again....
I gave it my all, my everything, dancing my tail off this year, since both Leticia and our dear friend Dillon were both in the floor audience.
I was pleased that Dillon wanted to buy some Owl and Crow feathers and asking me what each meant to us; also a fine, beaded headband from one of the Indian vendors there.

This year, instead of representing "harvest", I represented "winter", wearing mostly blue/grey feathers and bland decoration, and dancing slower than the rest of our group. Representing my favorite season too (excluding 'Baseball').

Anyway, home, safe and sound.
What are you up to these days?

2 comments:

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Glad you are back. I thought you may have dropped off the face of the earth. Hope you all had fun at the Red Earth Festival. My bets to all.

The Local Malcontent said...

no, nothing as drastic.
just a bit hectic for a few days.
The festival WAS fun!