Thursday, August 6, 2009

PROJECT 2,996

About a week ago, I read at Michelle Malkin's site, about the 'Project 2,996' needing bloggers' help, with the 8th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorism attacks looming ahead.

You all know how I feel about that day (Same As You Do), and how our America which we all knew and loved, changed forever that very fateful Tuesday morning.


I didn't hesitate even for a breath--
I clicked onto the Project's website, and applied, volunteering to present a blog post on one victim, remembering him or her here, at The Local Malcontent bloggie.

It took a few days, for my application to be accepted. I received the name of one of the 2,996 murdered victims today via email.

I won't reveal it here yet; saying, asking really, to please visit the LMC bloggie late on September 10th, and all day September 11th, for my researched, loving tribute to one of our 2,996 fallen friends on that awful day.
What I will say now, is that the name of this person initially startled me, reading it;
it is the same name as my very best friend through my childhood and teenaged years, who's also a man I admire alot. That makes it all the more, personal to me.

What scant research that I've done so far for my 9/11 post for this person, I AM IMPRESSED BY HIS LIFE, and even more saddened by his tragic passing, and scared/enraged again because now I look at that photo above, realizing I KNOW someone who worked, who was on that 101st Floor in that horrible picture,
the events on a Tuesday morning eight years ago.

Visit PROJECT 2,996 and sign up to do the same, if you choose,
by clicking the Semper Crest, in the Right Margin of this blog.
There are still some 2,500+ Victims needing your blogs' Remembrances.

3 comments:

Most Rev. Gregori said...

I lost a cousin by marriage on 9-11. His name is Alan Bondarenko. Alan worked on the 91st floor of Tower Two. He was 53 years old. I always do a tribute to him on my blog every year. Alan's remains were never recovered.

The Local Malcontent said...

Now that you mention that, Abouna, I remember reading your tribute to your cousin Alan, last year or the one before.
Good on Ya~! and thanks!

sig94 said...

I had this up on my older blog and gotta put it up again. Kick me in the ass until I do so, eh?