Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Championship Tourney Time

I love this time of year, when a certain sport comes into it's championship phase~!
Have I got my favorite? Favorites?

You know it, dude.
Yes, of course I'm speaking of

Today, IM Anna Zatonskih, pictured right,
prevailed with Black
in her much awaited game against IM Irina Krush.
In the Lasker Variation of the Queen's Gambit Declined, Zatonskih found an unusual way to snare Krush's queen
in a minority attack gone wrong. (watch games live, at above link)

For the less refined among us, there's the baseball playoffs.
My team, the St. Louis Cardinals are the overwhelming favorites
to win it all, among those polled within my circle of friends.
They meet the Los Angeles Dodgers tonight, the first game in a best of five series.
Other teams, and in "matches" starting either tonight or on Thursday,
include Minnesota/new york, Philadelphia vs. Colorado and
Boston vs. the Angels of California, formerly of Los Angeles but now in Anaheim.

No comments: