Monday, November 23, 2009

"Wanna Have Some Fun This Christmas?"

-- Asks my Uncle Bok Chuka in his latest e-mail to us.

My uncle Bryan was always the mischievous sort of fellow, bordering on both torment and adoration, my whole life.

He forced me to speak in Choctaw around him, as much as I could, ever since I was 10-- and if I didn't, he would cock his head up into the air, basically telling me that he couldn't see or hear me.

He was/is the Choctaw elder I look up to the most, to this day.


But that wry, mischievous streak in him never subsided,

through now, his 77th year, I'm pleased to report~!


The latest email from my dear uncle follows:

It is time to get out your CHRISTMAS cards list!
Yes, you read this right..... CHRISTMAS cards.
This is coming early (really early) so that you can get
ready to include an important address to your list.

Read on........
Fun with the ACLU......
Wanna have some fun this CHRISTMAS?
Send the ACLU a CHRISTMAS card this year.

As they are working so very hard to get rid of the
CHRISTMAS part of this holiday, we should all send
them a nice CHRISTIAN card to brighten up their
dark, sad, little world.

Make sure it says "Merry CHRISTMAS" on it.
Here's the address;
just don't be rude or crude.
(That's not the Christian way, you know!)

ACLU
125 Broad Street
18th Floor
New York, NY 10004

Two tons of CHRISTMAS cards would freeze their
operations because they wouldn't know if any were
regular mail containing contributions.


So spend 44 cents Yannash, (he still calls me 'Yannash') and tell the ACLU to leave CHRISTMAS alone.

Also tell them that there is no such thing as a
"Holiday Tree". . . .

It's a CHRISTMAS Tree even in the fields!

Pass this on to your e-mail lists.

We really need to communicate with the ACLU!
They really DESERVE us!!



Love that sardonic sense of humor, and ever so pleased that I got it too~!
And OH Yeah! I'm So sending the ACLU a Christmas card soon.

5 comments:

Kini said...

Consider it DONE!

Spitfire said...

I'd even be willing to go buy a Christmas card to send them!!! (We send Hanukkah cards.)Hey, they may need one of those too!!! Cool! Tell Uncle I'll send 2 cards...one for Hanukkah and one for Christmas. That should really make them feel loved! heheheh

I love your Uncle's sense of humor...it reminds me of my Grumpy. He was Old World Bohemian....MUCH like your Uncle, except we had to use Bohemian instead of Cherokee. I miss him tons. Enjoy your Uncle while he's still with you Sweetie. These elders are gems that we seldom recognize or appreciate....till they're gone. Have a blessed week. Shalom, Spitfire

Jungle Mom said...

Thats my kind of fun!

Jeffro said...

Snork!

Subvet said...

Will do. Great idea.