Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Nine-ninety-nine

Geez, I thought I'd never get here.

Where??
At bloggie post number nine hundred and ninety-nine.
Odd, that this occasion also corresponds with the temperature outside just now.

MORE LOCALMALCONTENT, AFTER THIS BRIEF WORD FROM OUR LOCALSPONSOR:




I hope that all you faithful readers remember about two or three years ago, that after the first 999 blogs, the rest would have a cost of $5.oo per read-- remember that??

~Ha ha~

no, seriously..... look for the 'PayPal' logo coming to an LMC website soon~!

The younger one has been pestering me to give him his Choctaw name for the past two weeks or so. So after some soul searching, I've come up with this name for Dillon Malcontent: Yannash Laua Lhampko, which is "Strength of Many Buffalo".
(As you may remember, my grandfather gave me the name "Yannash Okpulho Taha": Clumsy Buffalo)


Let's remember to say a "Happy Birthday" to the American Queen of Comedy,
Lucille Ball, too; She would have been 100 this year, of which more than half
those years (*still~!), she entertained her fans with such clean, unobtrusive,
hilarious comedy, and giving us all laughter. \
To a beautiful woman~!! Whose true beauty lies within first, then without;
thank you for the hours of fun we had and have with you.

I can't wait to get to number 1,000. "M"
Wonder what the next thousand will look like?

Here's something nice to listen to, until then, OK??


6 comments:

Most Rev. Gregori said...

How is the Dillon doing? Now if you can just explain what "Yannash Laua Lhampko" means I will be able to sleep good tonight.

We had it good the past couple of days, the temperature has gone back down to the mid to high 80's.

Munchkin is still holding her own.

Give Leticia a great big hug from me, and give Dillon one too. Then as my oldest son says to me: "Look in the mirror and put your right hand over your left shoulder, and your left hand over your right shoulder and squeeze and know it is a hug from me."

Looking forward to all your future posts.

God Bless.

Jeffro said...

You go, ol' buddy!

The Local Malcontent said...

whoops~ I see now that I never put a translation of Yannash Laua Lhampko into the post, huh?
Imagine that....

It means "Stength of many buffalo", Abouna.

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Ah, now I can get a good nights sleep once again. Thanks my friend.

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

for some reason i thought you might have been planning a 1000th post for lucille ball's 100th birthday...

The Local Malcontent said...

The thought seriously did occur to me, Hatless; and what a warm loving tribute I'd have tried to compose, too.

Instead, what my plan is, to keep adding topics to "Nine ninety nine", until I receive certain information, which will
be number M.