Thursday, August 18, 2011

That's Just How It Starts (Over)




Thank You, Heavenly Father, that You saw to it
to make love blind.

They were lonely and they were hot.

From different directions, they wandered through the bright afternoon heat to the cool sanctuary of the town library.

Tanya, above, asked Jimbo if the seat next to him was taken; he in turn, asked if she had a cigarette that she could let him smoke.

"Just this'un," Tanya replied, words made of thick, blue smoke.

"I'll take it, and you kin sit right 'ere with me."

"You have odd hair, doncha? I could fix that, if you want me to-- I'ma cosmatawlagist. Just need $21 more to get my license unrevoked," Tanya volunteered.

"I got $21," Jim said.

........

6 comments:

ABNPOPPA said...

Mal!!!

My total Choctaw friend! I've been off the net for about 3 months (all is ok, just head problem) and who is the first person to show up on my Conservative Outrage blog but you. I see you've been back posting for a while. Glad to see that. Hope all is well with you. Can't wait to start getting the Bamster out of Washington!

Shalom,

Pops @ Conservative Outrage

Anonymous said...

Where did you get that picture of my Mom and Dad?

The Local Malcontent said...

Heyyah, Pops, it is SO good to hear that you are still around and as feisty as always.
I do understand about taking time away from the information-superhighway (it's dangerous out there sometimes).
I'll be visiting Conservative Outrage often, too; count on it friend!

*******
Anon, you're right: I should give credit for the images somewhere.
THE main reason for this throw-away bloggie post, is in the title, "That's the way it starts (over)"- blog #1001 on my way to 100,000~!

The credit goes to the Palm Beach (Fla.) newspaper, it's police blotter.

Kini said...

Aw!

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Boy, those two are a sight for sore eyes.

Hope you and the family are doing great.

I was trying to keep a low profile as Obama brings the wrath of God down upon us, then I figured what the heck, so I have been praying that God will give me the strength to get my leg high enough to kick Obama's butt.

Col. B. Bunny said...

I believe she is a general. And she doesn't have $21? That's frankly hard to believe.