Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Re Elected

There was to have been a very different blog posting right here, ya know--

I spent this past weekend working on it, pasting images of Americana and animated gifs of fireworks and waving flags and soaring eagles; huge images of the Statue of Liberty, one of the space shuttles, a Corvette Stingray, a bull rider; and Mitt and Ann Romney.  It would have had a musical background too: "Happy Days Are Here Again", by Mitch Miller and friends.

Very different blog post, that one~
Now I sit here wondering, trying to imagine what this country will be, where this country will go, how this country can survive now.  What will our country look like in only another year ! of Barack Obama?
Now I'm scared.  That's three words I never ever say.

Hatless, who is the most mild mannered blogger I know, seems livid tonight.  While usually fewer than 7-10 sentences, his blog post tonight is seething with a suggestion of secession. And justification for same.
- and now strident here, the morning after.

Can there be, can there Really Be, that many idiots in America today, to re-elect Barack Obama?
Don't answer that, I don't want comments which say "well there must be". I couldn't believe it in 2008,
I cannot understand it in 2012.  I am going to bed. And tomorrow, I am going to start smoking again.

4 comments:

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

re "livid & seething" - most of that was written by coldfury. i'm thinking of writing something a bit more harsh...

Mike said...

Start smoking, eh? I expect I'll have to give it up - won't be able to afford it.

I seldom drink, but had purchased a six pack to either celebrate with or to drown my sorrows. I was two beers into the latter when I started doing some research about the debt and how we could get out of the financial mess we're in...then started getting a bad taste in my mouth and it wasn't from the beer.

I tried to write a blog post about it, but didn't do it the justice it deserved; my heart just wasn't in it.

I was under no illusion that Romney would have been much better in cutting back the spending but I also know that a good deal of economic recovery doesn't only depend upon the actions our govt. takes, but hinges on the confidence of the people. I hope those overjoyed by the election results can make up for the doldrums the rest of us feel.

Can there be, can there Really Be, that many idiots in America today, to re-elect Barack Obama?

Apparently so, my friend. I've never had any doubt that America wouldn't be able to survive any govt., but I'm not so sure we will be able to survive the idiots who elect it.

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Once America is completely gone (and she will be by the time Obama finishes his next four years) there will be no coming back, she will be gone for good. Where were all those so-called "Patriot" groups? They talked a good game sitting at their computer keyboards, but they lacked the intestinal fortitude to act.

The Local Malcontent said...

I didn't buy any cigarettes, Mike, but I sure would join you in a beer today, buddy. That electorial college map looks faintly familiar to me, like the future.
Like the future U.S.L. Liberty.
Four more years- and they will NOT be as mild as these past four-- will be hellish. Let's see what opposition groups come up with, I'll keep y'all abreast on Indian intention that I hear of.

Hatless, I updated this, with your 'two jeremiahs' post.
Dreams fading quickly.