Monday, November 26, 2012

The Benediction


I feel like we've been down this path before together.





On behalf of everyone in Yanush and Talihina you've come to know over the past six-plus years, thank you for making "The Local Malcontent" a small part of your lives.  From Crazy Wanda and grand pappy Spears early, early on, and best buddies Amos and Marty to best enemies Darnell and Oogatlah, from Great great grandfather John Malcontent and Uncle Bok Chuka, from neighbors Dave and Rachael to crackpots Dick and Ahna, and from all the rest, thank you.

From Leticia and Dillon and me, thank you for your love and laughter, your prayers, your hopes and best and highest wishes,
we sincerely send all you the very same.  I genuinely enjoyed reading all of your thoughts on your blogs, and through them 

gettin' to know y'all, some of the finest folks in America.

I really, really thought November would turn out differently- I had fireworks prepared.

I leave Fort Smith for home on Thursday, the radiation treatments over that morning, and back to auditing on December 3, if I remember how.  My next appointment with Dr. Gast is January 2, when she will take another PSA reading to determine if the cancer is in remission.  
If not, then it's hormone treatments, four times a year.

Thank you for putting up with me and my mind's playground here.  For understanding maybe, that this Choctaw wanted the world to see life through our eyes, seeing how we love freedom, crazy liberty in all its facets.

Be strong, stay wise and keep America in your prayers- and I will too.
Listen to the songs of the mocking bird.
So long ~!

10 comments:

Jeffro said...

Cancer?

Radiation?

Wow - I had no idea.

Whatever you do, you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.....

And God Bless you all.

The Local Malcontent said...

I blogged on my diagnosis here, Jeffro:
http://localmalcontent.blogspot.com/2012/11/blue-ribbon-blogging.html

Leticia said...

No matter what happens, Mal, God is in control. I will be praying for you my friend.

You truly have been a blessing in my life.

As believers, we will meet one day, but for now, you have my friendship and prayers.

May our Lord heal and restore you fully and completely. Amen.

Jeffro said...

I am so sorry I missed that post. You and yours will always be in my thoughts and prayers - know that.

And I have enjoyed our conversations on these here internets over the years, and will miss you, my friend.

Melessa said...

Farewell, be well, and I will leave you in my feed reader. *Just in case.*

Most Rev. Gregori said...

My dear friend and "Choctaw Son", please know that my deepest thoughts and heart felt prayers are with you as well as with Leticia and Dillon.

I wish I had known sooner, but since I have been under the weather for some time, I have not been keeping up with my blog reading, not to mention keeping up with my own blog.

I pray that you all have a very blessed Christmas and New Year.

God Bless my friend.

Cameron VSJ said...

Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

Thanks,

Cameron

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, Mal. Do you ever miss blogging?

The Local Malcontent said...

Greetings, Earthlings~!
Thank you, anonymoose, shouldn't you be at work, at noon??? haha see you tonight, if you are who I think you are...

Sure, Cameron, email away, but this blog is cooked. I'll answer what question you have, at
localmalcontent@sbcglobal.net

The Question Man said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.