Friday, November 9, 2012

Whatzit?? Number 16 UPDATED

For 16 Whatzits now, I have diligently searched the world of weird to display here.
Have I gone Off-world of weird to bring you this image?

Do we see our tax dollars at work, in a satellite photo of a Martian neighborhood
 courtesy of NASA? 
haha get real. 
True color photograph, by the way, if that helps.


click image to embiggen
The answer on Sunday here.

In reality, it's crystallized soy sauce (16X magnification) 
taken at Beijing Language and Culture University in Beijing, China.  


Remember This one not titled 'Whatzit??'

4 comments:

Jeffro said...

Well, I cheated, so I won't say - but I will say I had noooooo idea! Who knew???

Mike said...

I'm not sure what it is, but I do know that 30 minutes after looking at it, I had to come look at it again.

I'd post here more often, but I HATE this captcha system. I have to cycle through at least half a dozen before I find one that's semi-legible.

The Local Malcontent said...

How did you go about searching the image, Jeffro? Good on ya, no matter.

I understand Mike, those ones which include a photographed numeral wreck me everytime too. But I had trouble with spammer comments running amok when I retired from blogging, and in a couple of weeks, when I re-retire from blogging, it polices the place in my absence.

Mike said...

I found out what it was, too. I've got it disabled now, but there's an add-on called "Tin Eye" that lets you right-click on an image and search the 'net for similar images. They also have a website and you can either upload the image or link to the photo. It's a good way to find out if anyone has "borrowed" your photos w/out permission.

Oh, I shouldn't have said anything, Mal, was rude of me. I don't have a lot of hits on my blog, but I do get the occ. spammer. I have it set to where you have to have a Google or similar acct. in order to post.