Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Am Gonna Post Joan Crawford Pictures
With Every Future Post Here,
Till You Say "Uncle"#6

Yeah, This whole Joan Crawford meme began with our son Dillon.  I will give him up this one time, on this.
My boy has the hots for angry has-been actresses
like named Joan Crawford.  
He asked his mom and me one day late last week at breakfast, "Who is Joan Crawford, dad?"  


Who Is Joan Crawford? Dillon swayed right and left in his chair; Leticia hummed her note of acquiescence to me.  I stammered, thinking back, and totalling my mind.

"Why do you ask about Joan Crawford, son?"  I asked in some other way.

"Some people talk about Joan Crawford being a witch or a monster, soo, was she?  Was she, Dad?"

How does one start, how can one start, telling the story of actress
Joan Crawford??
Her children call her 'monster', 'bitch', other vulgar names.

Does she deserve this abuse?  I don't know, but we can look her up on the Internet








Will that be OK?



************************


Not my particular choice of actress/daydream/mental pin up girl, but I am not one to decide for the next generation, either.
}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Dill's preferences could be 'worse' after all,

Leti and I don't feel we can complain.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I watched "Bonnie and Clyde" earlier today w/ Faye Dunaway and wanted to see how she looked today and what other things she'd done recently. While at IMDb, I was reminded she was in Mommie Dearest, the Crawford bio., sure made me view her in a whole new light.

The first time I ever saw Crawford in a movie was in "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?"; I was probably six/seven years old, far too young to be seeing something like that and while I don't remember a lot about the flick, I do remember being creeped out big-time. (I don't think I've seen the movie since then)

The Local Malcontent said...

Ah yes, "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" - man, Mike I'd forgotten all about that flick. What a demented story, two sisters, one green/envious of the other, set in a creepy madhouse, only about 5 rooms, as I remember.
wow, how 'bout forgetting that epic?

Thank you, dear one.

PLease say "UNCLE", OK?