Friday, November 8, 2013

SHAME ON YOU, Missouri

A three-year-old boy dies in a house fire, aided by 
the Louisiana, Missouri Police Department.

lovingly lifted from  This is an abomination.

ST. LOUIS (AP) — The family of a 3-year-old killed in a northern Missouri house fire is outraged after police used a stun gun on the boy’s stepfather as he tried to run back in and save the child.

Riley Jeffrey Rieser Miller, 3,  died early Oct. 31 in the Mississippi River town of Louisiana. A city police officer fired his stun gun at Ryan Miller, 31, as he tried to re-enter his burning home, according to a city official. The house was destroyed.


Lori Miller said she witnessed two officers use their stun guns on her son a total of three times, twice after Ryan Miller had been handcuffed. The final time, he was in a police squad car, she said.

“It was police brutality,” said Miller, adding that she was also threatened with arrest. “We’re still trying to mourn.”

City Administrator Bob Jenne called the police response a “judgment call.” Jenne said Thursday that he is waiting to review a police report from the fire.

Emily Miller called the police response directed at her brother-in-law “heartless.”

Jenne said the fire started in an electrical outlet in the rear recreation room where Riley’s parents fell asleep watching television. By the time they awoke, smoke and flames prevented Ryan and Cathy Miller from reaching their son, whose bedroom was at the front of the house. They fled through the back, with Ryan Miller trying unsuccessfully to re-enter the home before the second attempt that led to his arrest.


Bob Jenne, left,  said a firefighter tried save Riley, but the house was too hot to enter.

Administrative Incompetence.  Police State.  
Missouri Sucks, the Cardinals notwithstanding.

lovingly lifted from KHQA:
Louisiana Police Department Sgt. Jeffery Salois stunned the child's stepfather Ryan Miller with a Taser as he tried to re-enter the house. Family members said that Salois stunned Miller at least three times.  Salois, whose actions during the fire drew a sharp rebuke from Millers' family, has a spotty, near decade-long, history in law enforcement at as many as five different law enforcement agencies in Northeast Missouri.  Salois' tenure with the Bowling Green (Mo.) Police Department was marred in some controversy involving then city administrator Dan Gruen and then police chief Pete Cannon.
Salois worked with the Bowling Green Police Department from April 26, 2004 to Sept. 26, 2004.

After Salois left the Bowling Green department he accepted a position at the Vandalia, Mo. Police Department. He worked there from Dec. 30, 2004 to March 27, 2005. 

He took a job as a deputy at the Audrain, Mo. County Sheriff's Office from April 1, 2005 to Oct. 24, 2005 before returning to work with the Vandalia Police Department from Oct. 27, 2005 and left Aug. 6, 2008.

Later he worked for the Marion County Sheriff's Office, Sheriff Jimmy Shinn said.

He's worked with the Louisiana police for no more than 3 years ~.

Louisiana, Missouri's mayor, Tom Wallace, has a phone number:
(573) 754-4132,
and an address:
202 S 3rd St # 118, Louisiana, Mo., 63353

Call/Write him with your disapproval, personally.  We have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His employment history looks like mine. And ain't nobody gonna pay me taxpayer dollars to wear a badge.