Monday, December 16, 2013

The Misoneism Party, then maybe??




Lovingly lifted from the Top of Texas Gazette
my buddy Mike's great website, THIS:

misoneism (mis·o·ne·ism)  [mis-oh-nee-iz-uhm, mahy-soh-] noun

hatred or dislike of what is new or represents change.


I wasn't familiar with this word, but definitely am familiar with the definition. I'm one of those people who resist change, but it's basically with websites or operating systems or the layouts of my favorite stores (especially when products I often buy are put somewhere else!).  When I get used to something, it's hard for me to change over to the new system...but I eventually do.  What annoys me the most is when I don't see the upside to the change and think that it's just change for changes sake.
I've never seen this term applied to them, but many conservatives get accused of a hatred of change, but in most cases, that's not true or deserved.  I can't speak for other conservatives, but as for me, I don't generally don't dislike the change after I get used to it, but I don't like things to be changed just to be changed.   If the change is good...and doesn't cost a ton of money...then I'm all for it.
 
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.   Dallas Cowboys, why in the world did you abandon the run when it was working so well?  The conservative approach was winning the ball game.
***********
Hey! Likewise, Austin, why throw out Mack Brown?  duh~

This is the very exact word I would claim for myself';
 The Misoneismic Malcontent
Never heard of it before today, until Mike posted this from Pampa.

An excellent word, from an excellent site, and yada yada guy~!  LOL.
Thanks, Mike~ 

1 comment:

Mike said...

I had to edit it on my blog b/c I used "don't" twice in a sentence. I wish I could blame it on being drunk but it was just an error, that's all.

We've let the leftists redefine "conservative"; now it means "religious nutjob", "warmonger", "hates the environment", "doesn't believe in science" among others. None of those things apply to me, but I'm conservative b/c conservative also means cautious. There's no sense in throwing money at a problem just to say you've done something or abandoning a method that works on the slim chance that trying something new *might* be better.

The leftists saw that "liberal" was getting a bad connotation, so they changed to "progressive"...because who in their right mind doesn't like progress? Well, I don't, not if it's progress only for the sake of saying you're doing something.

Funny how many people want a 7-yr. environmental study before building a dam, but jump right into something like Obamacare without considering the consequences (or invading Iraq w/out an exit strategy).