Friday, January 17, 2014

OKLAHOMA SENATOR TOM COBURN TO STEP DOWN
DUE TO HEALTH CONCERNS


Breaking News for All U.S. Conservatives, 
for All Oklahomans:

Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn announced Thursday night that he will not serve out his full Senate term, and intends to step down after the 2014 legislative session, due of deepening health problems.

In a statement, Dr. Coburn acknowledged that he is battling a serious recurrence of prostate cancer and said he would continue to fight for his priorities during the remainder of his time in office.

“Carolyn and I have been touched by the encouragement we’ve received from people across the state regarding my latest battle against cancer. But this decision isn’t about my health, my prognosis or even my hopes and desires,” Coburn said. “As a citizen, I am now convinced that I can best serve my own children and grandchildren by shifting my focus elsewhere.”

The Governor of deeply Conservative-Red Oklahoma, Mary Fallin, has not issued a statement regarding Senator Coburn's decision yet. 

It would be her decision to appoint an interim Senator to fulfill Coburn's term, until a 2016 regular election.

“The only way to fix Washington is to have a Convention of the States and limit their power”, Coburn told Mark Levin, during Levin's Monday, Jan. 13th show.

It turns out that Senator Coburn is a big supporter of Mark Levin’s new book The Liberty Amendments.

When asked Monday night about this new 1000+ page, 1.1 Trillion dollar spending bill and the fact that the Senate will vote on it before anyone gets a chance to read it, Sen. Coburn told Levin that "you can’t prevent this stuff from happening because all we have is a bunch of career politicians who only care about getting reelected."

He says the only way to fix Washington is for the states to convene a Convention of the States and limit their power, something he definitely supports.

Regardless of politics, though, we all should pray
for Dr. Coburn's improving health.  
A recurrence of prostate cancer is NEVER a diagnosis to look forward to; 
I have been told by my Oncologist, Dr. Kris Gast, that recurrence is most likely to happen in the pelvic bones, five years or more after initial treatment(s).

I Am Not A Doctor, and this IS NOT a diagnosis:  
Let's all pray for Tom Coburn's successful treatment and long life !!!

No comments: