Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The American Weapon of Mass Distraction

Is anyone else besides me just astounded by the importance or value which is placed on
the trivial, by the leading news outlets here in America?  I mean, above and beyond their
normal allegiance to Barack Zerobama and his lawless administration.

Besides the Drudge Report (which itself, covers much that is nothing more than trivial), CNN, ABCnews, CBSnews, NBCnews, et.al,  and Fox seem compelled to waste time reporting on Justin Beiber, Phil Robertson or the Golden Globe Awards, than Benghazi or the
irresponsible, criminal Eric Holder, Attorney General of the United States.

Myself, I don't have the actual statistics on what amount of time is given to the trivial versus the very meaningful, important-to-all, political news, because I refuse to watch the
above TV networks, other than FoxNews on TV.
But I have to listen to the others' radio news broadcasts since I drive so much, working;
and I am disgusted by what ABC and CBS radio news reports at the top of the hour.

I guess it is a deliberate effort to distract us Americans to the deliberate socialization of
our (once great) country, or more frightening yet, perhaps Teeny Justin Beiber's egg attack on his neighbor's house IS ACTUALLY THAT IMPORTANT.

OTHER IMPORTANT, BREAKING DISTRACTIONS:
>> Bitter cold weather hits America in Wintertime.
>> Steroid-using baseball star banned for 162 games, Sues MLB.
>> Brady vs. Manning
>> Hurricane Sandy Revisited. Again.
>> NYC Mayor eats pizza with a fork.
>> Obama must use his Limosine instead of Marine One helicopter, because of thick fog.
(REALLY)

REALLY???

All these Way-too-Important ISSUES have one thing in common... can you see it?
...,  ...,

They are all Northeast Corridor, Showbiz, illusions.  Like the rest of us and our values don't even matter. 
'Just look at what we chose to show you, and you'll become interested.'
Just look at what we do not show you, 
and (Enough of) you will remain uninformed.

I'd call for a boycott of the national news here, but what good would that do?
The Seven national crimes: 1. I don’t think. 2. I don’t know. 3. I don’t care. 4. I am too busy. 5. I leave well enough alone. 6. I have no time to read and find out. 7. I am not interested.
-- William J.H. Boetcker

HEY Everyone, Hillary Rodham-Clinton just came out of the hair salon,
Film at 11pm~!

Here's an ominous suggestion for ya:
Go to Google News, and Create a News-Alert Catagory for "Mexican Drug Cartel Violence", &
"EPA Regulation Issued".
~ ~ and become scared, very scarred.

2 comments:

McGehee said...

(Trying again)

Would that we could sue the Lord Haw-Haw media for malpractice.

The Local Malcontent said...

ok, that's a reference that I am not familiar with.
Sooo, Good On Ya~!

That sends me to the reference library, and thats a good thing, THANKS, Buddy~!