Sunday, February 23, 2014

Don't Get TOO Close

Not the H1N1 through 5 

I am feeling much better this Sunday afternoon, not 100% yet, but I am feeling 100% better than last Thursday and Friday.

Thanks very much for your concern, your prayers for me and my family,
and I am sorry for being away.

While I wasn't diagnosed with bird, swine or skunk flu, it was a painful and potent strain of influenza.  Leticia has stayed home by my side since Wednesday afternoon when my symptoms were the worst, including incoherence and hallucinations, sharp stomach pain, throbbing headache and a high fever.  These lasted the better part of a week; I am not suggesting that anyone get a flu shot, just TAKE PRECAUTIONS.

Theraflu, beef broth and water are a terrible diet anytime, but especially when you have the flu.

I don't remember much except discomfort and being insufferable to my wife and son, but Leticia told me that at times I was funny.  She told me that I mentioned "Welsh Sheep Poetry" (best she could make out from my lips) and I myself remember the phrase "Revisiting the point of no return".

So in the hope that these were revelations from God, I've been able to sit up and do a little research on Welsh sheep poetry, and revisiting the point of no return, while keeping down oatmeal and raisins.  Keep your fingeres crossed?

by Robert Henry Davies, 


"Leisure"
What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.

No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.

No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

And as for the other, only an article about the 2012 
Boston Red Sox, by Ben Buchanan.
Perhaps one of you readers has a thought on 
Revisiting the point of no return?

2 comments:

McGehee said...

Maybe it was poetry written by Welsh sheep?

I suspect Welsh sheep use fewer consonants than Welsh humans, seeing as how the only consonant in Sheep is "B."

The Local Malcontent said...

My cousin called me last night to see how I was feeling, said he'd read this post too; and then asked if I knew the difference between a Welshman and Mick Jaggar?
No, I didn't;
"Mick Jaggar says 'Hey you, get offa my cloud", and a Welshman says "Hey McCloud, get offa my ewe!"