Saturday, April 5, 2014

"Spellbinding"

I hope that you haven't gotten tired of my fascination with older, Popeye the Sailor cartoons yet, and you will please indulge both me & yourself in 'just one more' here:

I found this oddly disturbing Olive Oyl video on YouTube, 
while searching for "Did You Ever See A Dream Walking?", a tune composed by Harry Ravel, played by many big bands, sung by many too, in the 30s and 40s.

Mysteriously, this cartoon video was included in my search results (& IT AIN'T GOT THAT TUNE IN IT !)!

I don't remember ever seeing this cartoon, so I can't say
if there are any words spoken in the original (yet) or not-
there aren't any here, adding to the spellbinding effect.
-Not even to mention, the bizarre, 5 I-beam scene.
Nevertheless, this cartoon is a suspenseful cartoon by way of the music composed by Mick Sumbling, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MAKES.
Judge for yourselves below:


HINT-- FOR BEST RESULTS, 
** WATCH THE CARTOON IN 'FULL SCREEN'. **
and enjoy.

No comments: