Friday, May 16, 2014

The Passing of a Great Blogger

Learned last night that fellow blogger "Jeffro", of "The Poor Farm" blog, passed away last week.  Oh, my.

I got to know Jeffro through our inclusion together in the "Get Offa My Lawn" political party, promoted by another fine blogger.  In fact, I got to know several fine authors through that affiliation.

Jeffro had posted twice this spring that his health was "piss poor" as of late, but his spirits always remained high otherwise, and the other posts, his last, for example, displayed his corny sense of humor, ("Bird Watching")
Jeffro maintained that he always welcomed Springtime in western Kansas, but that his favorite season was the fall, when he could breathe in the cooling air.
And Jeffro even called me his friend, in a Poor Farm post 
last January.
Bless his soul, I will sure miss him.


Jeffro, Robert J. Borland, 1959 to 2014.

Robert J. "Jeff" Borland Jr., 54, died Monday, May 5, 2014 at Western Plains Medical Complex, Dodge City.

He was born August 27, 1959 at Dodge City, the son of Robert J. Borland Sr. and Mary Jo McGinley. Jeff graduated from Cimarron High School in 1977 and then went on to St. Mary of the Plains College in Dodge City then the Dodge City Community College and then one semester at Kansas State University. 
During college, he worked at Gibson's in Dodge City, later working for Burns Trucking, the Dodge City Post Office and Magouirk Chevrolet in Dodge City and Palmer Manufacturing and Tank in Garden City.

Jeff was a member of the NRA and loved watching NASCAR racing and Dale Earnhardt Jr. 88. 

Survivors include: his sister, Kathleen Borland, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; an aunt, Gail Borland, Niles, Michigan; an uncle, Pleasant Kimball, San Ramon, California; cousins, Tom South and wife Betty Ann, Dodge City, Ronda Pegram and husband Randy, Rogers, Arkansas, Charles Borland, Buchanan, Michigan, Amy Bean and husband Steve, Grand Rapids, Minnesota, Jennifer Martin and husband Doug, Pacifica, California, Steve Kimball, San Ramon, California; his cat, Kitsey and a host of friends. 
He was preceded in death by his parents.

Enjoy the blessings of eternal companionship with our Savior Jesus Christ in heaven, Jeffro, and rest in peace, friend.

2 comments:

CGHill said...

This just scared the heck out of me, not just because Jeffro was an old friend, but because he was, technically, a young friend; at 54, he was six years younger than I. This sort of thing bothers me, as I discovered when #1 brother (four years my junior) passed, and it dawned on me that there had been five of us, and only two remained: oldest and youngest.

The Local Malcontent said...

It did me too, Charles; and as you said in your rant just afterward, this has been such a rough year emotionally, for all of us.
For Leticia and me, we lost our son who chose to move back in with his natural mother, at the end of March; you, you lost your siblings, and now Jeffro.

Likewise, here, as you said, I'm (we're) just in shock.
I DARE NOT say "how much worse ...........", because of my fear that God will answer that, showing us.