Saturday, July 5, 2014

"The Weather Is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful"

Hello, and 'Ahoy' from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada~!

"WE INTERRUPT THIS HIATUS FROM BLOGGING, TO BRING YOU THE FOLLOWING BLOG POST." 

Hi, everyone, since there's a hurricane in town today, and there's nothing else going on, I have taken to the only public computer in this Bed and Breakfast to give you an update.  That's like us, to hastily plan a vacation and then have a blasted hurricane blow through on a Saturday, no less~!
The front desk and the help here all assure Leti and me that tonight will be very nice to go out on the town, after "Arthur" leaves the area.

I must agree with all the locals that I've, that we've talked to, that Halifax IS CANADA'S BEST KEPT SECRET.  In a week, we've explored the coastline, crept the forests, 
the very quaint city herself, Halifax.
I don't know where to begin, to describe the reception that we've enjoyed so much while here: Warm, friendly locals, the staff here at Heritage Hideaway Inn, the (cheap) prices on everything, the ease in getting around,,, they oughtta hire me, the "Local" Hal(ifax)content to promote them all.

I've had lobster for dinner the last four nights, and we've eaten at three different, nearby places. All under $30. American~!

Leticia and I fly home next Saturday morning early, and there will be a part of me 
that doesn't want to leave.  I have felt relaxed from minute One here.  
These folks are the essence of 'laid back'.  It's like they won't be happy unless you, the guest is happy, too.
That's been the main difference I've seen here, the friendliness of the Haligonians (that's what they call themselves...~).  It's like Oklahoma, but with a vocal accent like Maine and New England.
another difference.

We are loving our time here~! Our room is gorgeous, straight out of Victorian England, featuring a high, four-poster bed, two sofas, a stone fireplace, there's a TV, I think~,
a wash basin and vase, and a chamber pot under the bed....  LOL
Our room has a small, private balcony, with French doors which opens to the trees, a mini forest in back. Me Likey!  Most nights, we sleep with these doors open for the coolness of the night air.
Not last night, it rained all night long, and still raining now at 10:45 am.  Thanks, Arthur.

BACK HOME LATE SATURDAY NIGHT NEXT; UNTIL THEN, THIS IS ALL.


1 comment:

Leticia said...

Please stay safe my friend.