Monday, March 16, 2015

Somebody's Having A big Day. Could Ir Be You, Too?


I've never talked about my very first job, as a young teen-age boy, in Poteau, Oklahoma before here on The Local Malcontent... in 1940, LOL~! Hee hee no 1983 in truth~

Questions about 'Your Local Malcontent' are answered generally, at a post I continue to update, as the need arises. 

Eventually, that post with all these others, will comprise the life which was/is/shall be the essence of me, ' your Local Malcontent'. All that matters in the end: If I have pleased God.

Needless to say maybe, but all my life, I've been aware of God's soft,  constant presence
in my life, my awareness,and my innate need to serve others.  Because that's all~ 
satisfying Our Holy Father's word, His demands of us:  Adore Him, and serve our brethren.

While stopping far short of homosexuality (for that is against His Will), heaping love upon His other children is His desire for you, and for me.  It is that simple, that is the key to life everlasting.

"Rock of Ages, Cleft for me", "Let me hide myself in Thee". God is all there is; all & only
eternal & Holy God, there is nothing outside God.  We all need to begin to realize that fact. That fact is all that there is in life for us.  I Love the simplicity of God's Love, and His
Plan~!

For whom did I work, my first ever Job?  This is your Local MalContest trivia question.

this malcontest will be open through 11:59 pm (CDT), March 26, 2015. 
All decisions are circumspect, yet final.
We will donate $400 dollars to your favorite cause, charity, for your clever, winning guess, from all comments HERE AT THIS BLOGPOST.

9 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

I'm kinda disappointed, so far:
No guesses.

All the clues anyone needs, are in this post.

I can't, won't say any more, but just add, why doesn't anyone become a sleuth and make a chunk of change for their favorite charity?

Most Rev. Gregori said...

I have wracked my brain (feeble as it is), I have read and re-read your post, and the only thing I can come up with is that your first job had to do with Church. I don't know why but for some reason I get the feeling it may have had something to do with your Church choir. I know, I know, I am probably way off base here, but it certainly won't be the first time, and I doubt the it will be the last.

Terry in OKC said...

Wow Ron -- That's tough. I am going to take a wild guess and say that you worked for a place that made headstones for a cemetery. "You know Rock of Ages"..

The Local Malcontent said...

Hummm, I wonder who will choose 'Ted Cruz' as the recipient of our $400 prize?

Who might choose for us to donate to 'Al Gore Windbag' global warmfearing?

Are any of you a wannabe Inspector Clouseau? Its all in the fine print, Si

CGHill said...

Well, we know that you've held government jobs during adulthood, so I'm guessing that you were working in the private sector before that.

Since you seem to be a hardy soul, I'm going to guess that you did some scutwork on the railroad. (Kansas City Southern runs through Poteau, I think.)

The Local Malcontent said...

@Dustbury: at age 14?? i wasn't that dam hardy~

The Local Malcontent said...

Ya'll are gonna KICK yourselves~
IT IS ALL WITHIN THIS BLOG POST~~~~~!!

Most Rev. Gregori said...

give this one more try. I will will guess that you were connected to a camping or scouting youth group. I'm having a difficult time with this, as I have so many things on my mind and stuff going on here that it is hard to concentrate on any one thing.

The Local Malcontent said...

J
O
I
N
the
C
R
O
W
D. Abona.

Nobody's got any sense of right and wrong, of right and left, of up and down these days.

I guess I'll give this bag of dough to my choice of 2016 Presidential Candidate, Joe Biden.