Monday, July 6, 2015

MY WORLD SERIES - DREAM TEAM

Leticia and I will be taking some time away from Soggy Bottom later this month, on a personal endeavor:  I needs me sum baseball bad.

We are taking off 18 days later this month & August, planning/doing nothing more
than "Baseball Heaven".

With the resumption of play after the All-Star Game in Cincinnati on July 17, we're going to do a Mid-summer Nights Dream vacation, centered around 'the pill'... the Baseball.

I'll be back here live, on duty at the LMC bloggie, on August 5, after a weekend of Cardinals/Mets in St. Louis, July 17-19; Pirates/Royal in KC, then following some re-adjustment with family, come back this way to Arlington, Texas to see the Yankees/Rangers, July 26-29.

This weekend, I decided to give in to my baseball addiction, making out MY ULTIMATE BASEBALL SERIES.  

Scheduled for the 4th through the 12th of Forever, up in Heaven, a match-up between my all-time favourite New York Yankees team, versus my all-time favourite St. Louis Cardinals team.

Submitted for your opinions, the following:  FIRST THE NEW YORK YANKEES:


And now, my fantasy, DREAM TEAM OF THE OPPOSING, ST. LOUIS CARDINALS:


2 comments:

Cathy Monroe said...

Why not choose an Oklahoma boy Mickey Mantle and a relief pitcher Allie Reynolds, both my favorites from the champion Yankees way back in the 50's.

The Local Malcontent said...

Well, Hello Cathy, it's been too long~! Hope that all is well with you and your family!!

I did consider Mantle, instead of joltin' Joe DiMaggio in CF- long and hard. But there is that matter of the 56 game hitting streak, a record which will never get broken, over say, home-state pride.

Now don't get me wrong, the Mick was the MVP of either the AL or WS seven times, if memory serves me-- and that is nothing to sneeze at!

my wife and I will root for the Yanks, ONCE, next week in your honor.